European FP&A Manager
Copart, a multi $bn global group recognised as the market leader in online automotive remarketing and sales have exclusively partnered with Robert Walters to recruit several roles within their UK finance function based in Bedford. These three roles have been created on the back of the business posting impressive year on year growth numbers and need to establish in new markets across EMEA.
The European Decision Support Manager (FP&A) will actively business partner European stakeholders across a broad remit. Commercially focused role looking at forward forecasting and planning across a fast-paced PLC remit, great opportunity for a newly qualified accountant from industry or practice to join a massively successful and growing entity.
Copart was founded in 1982 by CEO Willis J. Johnson. Johnson with his entrepreneurial spirit, along with a strong work ethic and a passion for change, started Copart with just one salvage yard in California. In 1994, he took Copart public, raising the money needed to expand the company. The development of VB3, Copart's online auction system transformed Copart from a salvage vehicle auction company into a company offering a global re-marketing platform that links buyers and sellers around the world.
Copart's vision is to continually offer compelling, innovative and unique products and services whilst maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
European FP&A Manager Job Summary
The role is primarily responsible for the provision of Decision Support to both the Finance and Operations teams across Europe. Primarily you will be a Business Partner to Copart Europe including interaction with Copart Corporate where relevant, actively supporting the business on a wide variety of topics.
To consistently and actively demonstrate support to the Copart values of:
Acting with Integrity, Be an Owner, Challenge the Norm, Get Results, Celebrate our People
European FP&A Manager main duties & responsibilities:
- Act as an part of the Decision Support team you will be responsible for the monthly analytical review of country and operational financials, highlighting anomalies, trends and one offs and appropriately discussing with senior management where required
- Be an effective business partner to European senior leadership and local finance teams, stakeholder management up to operation directors and EU Finance Director
- Be an effective business partner to European Operation teams, supporting trend analysis and issue resolution
- Manage the creation of annual budgets and effective monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts
- Implementation and subsequent monitoring of cross European metrics to allow consistent LFL Corporate reporting
- Provision of support to the European business as systems are transitioned across to Global standard reporting systems
- Completion of capital investment applications
- Management of ad hoc projects at the request of the European Finance Director
European FP&A Manager key requirements:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, flexible can-do attitude, works well under pressure, on own initiative and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders and prioritise work load and keep to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge & experience
- Some M&A experience would be advantageous
If this could be you or anyone within your network feel free to apply below or conversely you can contact me on 01908 044012.