European Head of FP&A
Copart, a multi $bn global group recognised as the market leader in online automotive remarketing and sales have exclusively partnered with Robert Walters to recruit several roles within their UK finance function based in Bedford. These three roles have been created on the back of the business posting impressive year on year growth numbers and need to establish in new markets across EMEA.
Copart was founded in 1982 by CEO Willis J. Johnson. Johnson with his entrepreneurial spirit, along with a strong work ethic and a passion for change, started Copart with just one salvage yard in California. In 1994, he took Copart public, raising the money needed to expand the company. The development of VB3, Copart's online auction system transformed Copart from a salvage vehicle auction company into a company offering a global re-marketing platform that links buyers and sellers around the world.
Copart's vision is to continually offer compelling, innovative and unique products and services whilst maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. You will be responsible for leading the FP&A / Decision Support team and will report directly to the European Finance Director. You will be spear-heading the Company's annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis as well as ad-hoc special projects. Your team will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including the preparation of board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects as requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support 'optimal' business decision making.
European Head of FP&A main duties & responsibilities:
- Be an effective business partner to European senior leadership and operational teams, supporting trend analysis and issue resolution
- Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Operating Plan and Modelling tools
- Oversee the preparation of Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports, and report out to both the European and US senior leadership
- Implement and work with a new business operational tool that supports Finance (Cobalt 2.5), ensuring it is successfully rolled out and the appropriate Dashboard reports are created accurately and in a timely manner
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Support the Senior Management team and departments heads with in-depth analysis as required
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management team
- Lead the completion of capital investment applications across Europe
- Management of ad-hoc projects as directed by the European Finance Director
- Must have the ability to manage multiple stakeholders, build rapport with other departments and present financial reports and findings in a way that is accessible to non-financial staff
European Head of FP&A key requirements:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant (5yrs+ PQE required)
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, flexible can-do attitude, works well under pressure, on own initiative and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders and prioritise workload, keeping to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively present financial reports and findings in an effective way to non-financial colleagues
- Ability to build rapport with other departments
- Ability to travel
If this could be you or anyone within your network feel free to apply below or conversely you can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01908 044000.