SF Group is working in partnership with the David Ross Education Trust to appoint a HR Director. The HR Director will lead on all aspects of the HR agenda, and the development and delivery of the HR strategy across the Trust. As a key member of the senior leadership team, you will lead on operational HR, organisational development and design, talent attraction, engagement and transformation. Reporting directly into the CEO, this role will be based in Loughborough, Leicestershire with some expected travel across the UK.
The David Ross Education Trust is a network of unique and diverse academies, committed to becoming one of the top-performing multi-academy trusts in the country. Recognised as one of 11 system leaders nationwide, the Trust runs 34 primary and secondary schools across the country.
- Lead effective design and implementation of the Trust’s HR strategy and ensure it is integrated into the Trust
- Lead and manage the HR function
- Advise the CEO and senior management team on all HR issues that impact upon the Trust
- Develop, implement and review HR processes and procedures to ensure that they are up to date, compliant and effective. Including:
- Operational HR, Employee Relations, on-boarding and exits, industrial relations, case work
- Organisational development and design
- CPD and training
- Talent strategy and talent management
- Staff attraction, recruitment, engagement and retention
- Workforce planning
- Pay, progression and remuneration strategy
- Payroll (under review)
- Lead and coordinate restructuring and transformation as determined by the business strategy
- Advise on equal opportunities development across the Trust by ensuring that employment practices reflect high quality and non-discriminatory HR practices
- Create and implement a consistent and robust talent and succession planning process
- Initiate and participate in translating business needs and organisational effectiveness into employee development
- Identify opportunities to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Trust organisational design as well as initiate manage and drive change initiatives
- Promote and influence effective employee engagement at all levels
- Drive HR projects and contributes to all organisational change projects, with accountability for the People aspects
- Advise on and lead the implementation of all legislative changes
- Support the Trust’s HR, Remuneration and Nominations committee, working closely with the Chair of this committee to ensure that decisions are appropriately made and documented
- Lead on other HR related projects (restructures, HR system procurements, department redesigns) as agreed with the CEO
- Manage the HR budget and provide oversight and challenge on all aspects of the Trust’s ‘People’ expenditure, including the use of agency staff
You will be a strong commercially experienced HR Director, CIPD qualified. Have thorough knowledge of the principles, tools, techniques and developments in HR management and leadership. Up to date knowledge of employment law and current best HR practice.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, commercially experienced HR Director and must be CIPD qualified. You will have thorough knowledge of the principles, tools, techniques and developments in HR management and leadership. Up to date knowledge of employment law and current best HR practice is essential. Previous experience in organisational development and design, talent strategy and transformation and experience of managing and leading teams is also a pre-requisite. The salary for this role is paying between £80,000 - £90,000 and benefits including 30 days holiday.