Senior Pricing Analyst - Insurance (SAS / Emblem Desirable)
7 days left
Leading Global Insurer
To provide technical pricing support to the UK business unit across both Travel and Speciality Risk products. Being highly visible, you will interact with and advise underwriting, commercial and financial management of pricing recommendations. Knowledge of SAS / Emblem is highly desirable.
- Develop pricing models (e.g. elasticity / optimisation) for new business and renewals that considers all costs including risk, expenses, brokerage, commissions, and commercial premiums.
- Analyse data and undertake complex modelling to quantify risk and support business decision making.
- Produce and maintain pricing structures, modelling analysis as well as retention and conversion modelling to improve business performance.
- Review scheme performance including renewals, suggesting price adjustments to ensure profitability and penetration.
- Produce pricing recommendations in collaboration with the commercial and financial departments.
- Coordinate, prepare and perform actuarial analyses including trend analyses, analyses of loss and expense reserves as it relates to pricing adequacy and strategic direction.
- Provide consultation and technical expertise on actuarial models and risk issues.
- Develop the design, testing and maintenance of pricing models and Tools.
- Interact with external customers and clients through the pricing of large, complex products and individual accounts.
- Ensure that processes and standards are consistent with internal actuarial policies and guidance and, where relevant, compliant with regulations; lead the implementation of systems and process improvements in own area.
- Remain current with regulatory/market conditions and apply this knowledge in pricing.
- Establishing most effective risk acceptance criteria and working with the business to implement and control.
- Be part of the annual Strategic Planning and Budgeting process.
- Experienced in insurance pricing
- Experienced in the construction of generalized linear models through Emblem
- Competent in SAS to interrogate insurance data
- Previous experience in a similar role within Travel Insurance preferable
- Specific knowledge of Non-life product pricing
- Basic Qlik report development preferential
- Knowledge in the calculation of sufficiency of technical provisions
- Experience in actuarial calculus, quoting and financial projections
Excellent career progression, opportunity to have a direct input into International Pricing Strategies