Harlow and Gilston Garden Town
As a key part of the regeneration strategy for the region, the economic and social future of West Essex and East Hertfordshire has received a major boost with the award of a Government grant, through the Government’s locally led Garden Towns funding initiative, towards a garden town proposal. Harlow & Gilston Garden Town is an ambitious project being planned and delivered in partnership between Harlow Council, East Hertfordshire District Council and Epping Forest District Council, with support from Essex County Council and Hertfordshire County Council. The garden town will have up to 23,000 homes, with 16,000 homes planned by 2033 and another 7,000 added after that. The Garden Town Member Board currently consists of member representatives from the five partner authorities, plus officers from the Councils. Uttlesford District Council is invited to attend as an observer and representatives from Homes England and the Princess Alexandra Hospital will also attend the meeting.
Critical to the success of this exciting new venture will be the appointment of a Board Chair.
The Chair will be the lead figure for the Board, working closely with Board members and the Garden Town Director to set and steer the project’s direction and to monitor progress. He/she will:
- Ensure that appropriate resources are in place to deliver against the plan, programme and priorities and will co-ordinate the public-sector contribution to the delivery of key elements of the programme including the use of available Garden Town capacity, or other relevant funding
- Ensure that consideration is given by the Board to consultations and policy announcements that impact on the effective delivery of the Garden Town vision and principles and will ensure that the Garden Town is positively represented at existing and/or emerging sub-regional/regional forums
- Help forge and build positive relationships with government and with key stakeholders in business, acting both as an advocate and ambassador
- constructively challenge the Board members’ ambition and performance to ensure that the Board and its impact continues to evolve positively
As the credible public face of the project, you will be a persuasive and influential Chair who will bring energy, passion, strong leadership and strategic vision to the role, demonstrating the following:
- Significant experience/standing in relation to the delivery of housing and economic growth as well as significant understanding/experience of the Garden Town Movement
- Excellent track record of developing strong relationships and fostering successful collaborative working with government bodies, the private sector and a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve results. Building consensus for joint action and to make the case for investment into the Garden Town
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking capabilities, with the ability as Chair of the Board to build consensus amongst a diverse Board and stakeholder group
For more information please see the microsite - http://green-park-jobs.co.uk/hggt/
Closing Date: Midnight Thursday, 30th August
For any queries, please contact Andrew T. Norris or Andrea Trainer at Green Park on 020 3145 3434.