Interim Commercial Manager London : Dubai EXPO 2020
Interim Dubai Expo 2020 Procurement Team, Commercial Manager
The Dubai Expo 2020 Procurement team are seeking an interim resource based in London that can work as part of small team to deliver the strategy procurement requirements, which have been identified below.
- Project Management and Cost Control
- Design Competition – to be awarded
- Build, Fit-Out, Operate, Takedown (Legacy)
- Event Management
- Staffing of the UK Pavilion
The interim commercial manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of a Competitive Dialogue procedure to appoint a supplier to build, fit out, operate and take down the UK Pavilion with an estimated contract value of c £17m.
Professional, honest and open approach.
- Committed, and ability to drive objectives to successful completion
- Good communicator, ability to communicate well with all levels, and ability to break down barriers to resolve and unblock issues
- Be able to work as part of small team to achieve joint delivery of procurement requirements
- Leads ‘from the front’ and sets a good example which others follow
- Innovative and creative in approach and delivery of objectives
- To be able to commence work at short notice
- Ideally the interim resource should have the necessary security clearance
To have procurement/commercial experience within major projects, particularly in construction and FM.
- To have a track record of delivery and managing strategic, high value tenders at pace to extremely tight deadlines
- Have an excellent working knowledge of construction contracts, in particular FIDIC Red Book
- To be able to establish excellent working relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers to ensure positive communication and achievement of collective goals
- Track record of contract management ensuring all governance and assurance structures are embedded
- Assessing and monitoring of commercial risks across the project in relation to suppliers, contracts budgets
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial negotiation skills
- Have a good contract law knowledge
- Able to use e tendering systems
- MCIPS qualified.
FDIC Knowledge and experience a must.
EXPO and Relevant experience plus Gulf exposure desired.
IN Scope IR35
Up to £600 Day rate