Chief People Officer
A world-class, global C-suite is now being recruited to drive their ongoing expansion and position the company as the market leader within the Data industry. The company is rapidly growing with plans to triple headcount within the next 3 years. Their clients include many fortune 500 businesses, inspiring them to see the transformative power in understanding how their data could add to their success, from creating an AI-enabled inventory management system to building a smart city of tomorrow.
About the Role
The successful candidate will need to build out a top class international People function, suitable for scale and ambition, including a geographical and departmental planned expansion. It is imperative to create a strong reputation as an excellent place to work and build a magnetism for the organisation to attract and retain top talent. The business currently has offices in the US, UK & EU with the expectation to travel frequently to be on site at each office.
This position will have several elements which ultimately will enable delivery on the strategic objective, including:
- Drive the planning around finding, hiring, developing, and ultimately retaining top industry talent closely aligned to the planned hyper growth.
- The identification and recruitment of top talent from all over the world to provide the business with the best possible people for each role.
- Help identify the gaps in talent in the organisation, getting the right mix of skills that we need to succeed.
- Identifying critical positions, the great attributes needed to fill them, and prioritizing recruiting strategies accordingly.
- Create a recruitment system that can move quickly and scale the business at the fast-paced rates we have planned, whilst minimising missteps.
- Review and ensure that we have strengths and depths in the leadership required to scale.
- Identify, communicate and resolve people issues quickly and effectively whilst driving high and real engagement with all employees.
- Work with internal communications and the leads of each department to grow a performance culture, full of ambition and drive and in line with the values of the business.
- Work to continually build and strengthen this culture and drive the core values and behaviours throughout the organisation.
- Comply with all local employment regulations where we operate.
- Familiarity with bonusing systems, as well as employee stock option plans in US and EU jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with employment law in US, UK and EU would be an asset.
- Familiarity with immigration law and US/EU/UK visa regulations.
You should have an exceptional track record, with an extensive experience in top companies, working in fast-growing environments and leading exceptional teams. You should have built and scaled first class teams before and be comfortable working internationally across offices in multiple time zones.
You should have relevant qualifications. Extensive experience of recruitment and building strong performance cultures is a must. Good knowledge of how to create best in class process, appropriate to the size and scale of business that we are today and will become. The CPO needs to be able to get into the detail with teams, able to give them a voice, and be able to translate this detail into simplicity.
You'll need to be an inspiring leader who can mobilise people. You MUST be excited and passionate about the company and its opportunities for the future.
You should be a confident presenter and communicator. You'll be empathetic and have exceptional soft-skills be able to listen and be flexible / adaptable, but also comfortable to be direct and candid when required. You should be a strong decision maker, calm, composed, unflappable, able to deal with the gamut of issues that arise in fast growing organisations.
You should be a team builder, able to design and establish an effective structure and grow / hire a team of top class people, with an excellent network to draw from. You should be able to grow and develop the individuals in your own as well as the rest of the business.
You should be highly organised and able to hold in your mind details from a number of different areas simultaneously, be able to effectively prioritise, be adaptable, agile,and have a strong action-bias. You should be an exceptional executor.
As a personality we're looking for someone who is smart, humble, hard-working, quietly confident, respectful, action-biased, driven, ambitious, solutions-orientated, and hungry for knowledge. Be a sponge for pressure and problems, allowing the business to focus and not be distracted if / when People issues arise. Your style should be open, inclusive, trustworthy, and a collaborative team player. You'll also need good energy and stamina. You should want to work in a meritocracy where everyone is encouraged to give a view, and the best solution wins the day regardless of rank or title. You should be happy to operate on the borderline between autonomy and anarchy.
You should have an appreciation of creative content and fast-growth tech or platform companies. You are familiar with global, fast-growing and distributed workforces
Key Attractions to the Role:
- Competitive base salary, with very attractive equity package
- Global travel