Our client is an early-stage investor with a focus on impact investment. To support the continued growth of its portfolio an Investment Principal is required.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Manage investment process, including: individual cultivation of venture flow, investment screening, due diligence, presentation of investment cases to the investment committee and legal execution of investments.
- The Principal is expected to lead and 'champion' new opportunities through this investment process. The Principal is also expected to provide and further develop a differentiated channel for new impact ventures, as well as a differentiated perspective on potential investments.
- The Principal will sit on the investment committee and is expected to actively contribute to all investment discussions.
Portfolio Management Responsibilities:
- Oversee and implement the investors 'growth' process in supporting portfolio companies, ranging from commercial introductions, strategy, fundraising, and talent acquisition.
- Potentially represent the investors on portfolio company boards as Investment Director, with regular engagement with management and other board members.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Significant track record of direct investment experience in early-stage venture, including demonstrable examples of origination, due diligence and execution of investments. Principal is expected to demonstrate familiarity and expertise in negotiating and executing legal proceedings for early-stage investments.
- Experience managing portfolio companies post-investment, entailing active engagement and commercial support of companies.
- High proficiency in Excel (particularly financial modelling) and PowerPoint.