Healthcare Funding Specialist - Private Sector
Working across developing markets, the Prosperity Fund (a UK cross Government initiative) seeks to promote systemic changes in partner countries through several large thematic programmes focusing on middle income countries. It will achieve this through programmes of technical assistance, supporting the development of policy frameworks, standards and systems that will underpin long-term, sustainable change.
The primary focus of this role will be on realisation of these secondary commercial opportunities emerging from the Prosperity Fund Better Health Programme which focuses on eight key countries including Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar. This programme will carry out targeted interventions to deliver improved health and related economic growth outcomes in these countries, contributing to national poverty reduction objectives and aiming to benefit women and girls.
In doing so, the programme will also create significant short and long-term business opportunities in growing markets, including for leading UK suppliers (both private and NHS organisations).
The specialist will act as an overarching commercial coordinator who understands the commercial opportunities coming through the pipeline and has a good handle on the UK suppliers that are being matched to these opportunities.
Regular briefing and performance reporting of the project will be required
The successful candidate will form part of our Healthcare UK team, which comprises experienced civil servants and industry specialists across the healthcare services spectrum. They will focus on the UK private sector and work closely with our Programme & Strategy team, Asia-Pacific lead, Rest of World lead and also with the other Secondary Benefits Healthcare Specialist who will be focusing on NHS organisations.
The successful candidate will be showcasing, promoting, identifying and delivering Healthcare supplier export opportunities.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who:
- Has a strong business development background and experience in bidding for and winning international work
- Is familiar with the healthcare sector and UK strengths therein (the successful candidate can draw on the team’s collective knowledge, but should fully understand UK healthcare sector, preferably in an international commercial context)
- Good communications skills to articulate UK Healthcare sector offers and showcase to buyers
- Has experience of working internationally and with Government and associated organisations
- Has experience working with UK Healthcare suppliers
- Is an excellent team player and has a proactive approach
- Good project management skills
Is willing to undertake international travel 4 days a week
To Jan 2019