Compliance Manager – Banking (Retail, Payments)
Our client is a Challenger bank with a focus on emerging technologies and new ways of working. They are looking to hire an experienced Compliance Manager to ensure the business adheres to legal standards and in-house policies, and support the development of the Regulatory Business Plan. You will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects of business as well as provide guidance on compliance matters.
This is a permanent role based in London. Please only apply if you have experience working within the banking sector or related financial services.
Experience around emerging technologies is preferred, though not essential.
- Support the development of the Regulatory Business Plan
- Set up and maintain Policies, Controls and Procedures to meet regulatory and best practice requirements
- Ensure regulatory and legal changes are reflected in the above
- Periodically conducts audits and reviews to ensure execution of compliance standards
- Work with the Product team and technology teams to ensure Compliance is maintained in the product and associated technology
- Provide advice and input into supplier selection for elements that require compliance
- When compliance problems arise, conducts investigations to discover the roots cause
- Stays informed about environmental standards and makes sure a company operates within those standards
- Fills out and files reports with the relevant regulatory and compliance agencies
- Examines and improves auditing processes to prevent compliance issues or resolve them in a timely manner
- Bachelors or Masters Degree, Industry Certification, Industry Experience
- GDPR, PSD2 and UK compliance process, controls and procedure expertise
- Has engaged with the PRA and FCA
- Proven experience as compliance manager
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities