Group Financial Accountant
Group Financial Accountant - 12 month FTC
Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, our client is an established company looking for Group Financial Accountant to join their team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
This job would suit a practice trained qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with experience gained within the reporting function of a busy and growing business. The role will involve the monthly consolidation and related analysis, bank reporting, project accounting and group accounting issues. The candidate will also have involvement in the group year-end and dealing with external advisors. This is a new position with the opportunity to help set up and improve procedures as the finance function grows.
This company is a market leader in their field offering a variety of solutions to a wide range of customers improving performance on a global scale.
The successful individual will a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) who has trained in practice, made a move into industry and have experience of monthly and year-end reporting. The flexibility to working a growing changeable business is essential as the candidate must be able to engage in collaborative problem-solving efforts that focus on generating effective solutions. The individual should have strong attention to detail with excellent accuracy and the ability to work within a team environment and as an individual contributor. The candidate must be able to make effective working relationships internally and work extended hours as needed.
Duties will include:
- Production of consolidation and group adjustments in IFRS
- Production of group accounts, including the restatement & disclosures for IFRS 15
- Supervise group audit and quality control the evidence being given to the auditors
- Escalation point for subsidiary audits
- Maintain finance policies and update for IFRS 16 / any other major changes
- Close off the project for local GAAP and tax implications of IFRS 15 working with the commercial finance, tax and local teams
- Any other ad hoc changes, including continuous improvement
- Participate in governance calls for accounting team, agreeing actions for them to implement to manage risks & issues
- Create proforma balance sheets, ensuring comparability across years for multiple layers of adjustments
For more information about this role or any other Group Financial Accountant jobs in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability