Director of Finance and Corporate Resources
Director of Finance and Corporate Resources
Location: Battersea, London
Are you passionate about dogs and cats? Our people and animals make Battersea a great place to work. Your expertise will help increase our impact for dogs and cats everywhere.
Battersea is here for every dog and cat and has been since 1860. We are a leading animal welfare charity and over the last 150 years we’ve grown from one home in London to three rescuing and rehoming centres across the South East. With c500 staff and 1000 volunteers, we have cared for over three million vulnerable animals. We also campaign tirelessly to make things better for dogs and cats; sharing our expertise and educating the public and policymakers about responsible pet ownership. Join us and make a difference for every dog and cat.
The Director of Finance and Corporate Resources will provide inspirational strategic leadership and direction to a large multi-disciplinary Directorate of specialist teams including Finance, Procurement, IT, Estates and Safety, Site Development and Legacies, building a “customer first” culture and services in line with Battersea’s values. Taking a lead role in governance, the Director will work with the Chief Executive providing analysis and financial expertise in scoping out future opportunities and will be a key member of the Executive Director team of the wider organisation.
- To lead the Finance and Corporate Resources, ensuring it is working effectively together and with the rest of the organisation, motivating and developing staff, and ensuring that teams are providing high-quality, customer-focused support and services
- To act as an Executive Director of the wider organisation, contributing to larger strategic development discussions and ensuring that Finance and Corporate Services activities support the delivery of Battersea’s Strategic Plan
- To ensure the proper conduct of the financial affairs of Battersea through the provision of efficient and effective financial systems, planning, modelling, budgeting, forecasting and reporting, and to ensure proper governance, risk, compliance and business planning
- To lead the development and implementation of an IT strategy which brings a step-change to the way Battersea develops and uses technology and manages its systems to deliver its activities
- As Company Secretary, to work with the Chairman, Council and Chief Executive to ensure that Battersea’s formal charitable business is conducted within the law and with due regard to best practice
- CCAB qualified with a successful track record of achievement in senior finance and corporate services leadership roles in an entrepreneurial and commercially focussed charity, social enterprise or the private sector
- Possesses a strong understanding of Charity SORP regulations and of charity sector governance requirements
- Has strong experience of managing IT functions which deliver timely, cost effective and appropriate solutions for teams along with excellent customer service; will also have an excellent understanding of current Data Protection requirements and their implications for charities
- Will be an inspirational, skilled and experienced leader with exceptional communications, interpersonal and consultative skills
- An excellent people manager, with extensive experience and success in establishing, leading, motivating and developing managers and high performing teams.
What we can offer you
Our dedicated people mean that we can be here for every dog and cat. Whether you are sharing an office with our dogs or directly caring for our cats, our animals show their appreciation every day. There is no better reward than seeing the difference you make to the lives of our dogs and cats first-hand; although we also provide a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- 28 days of annual leave (plus 8 days paid public holidays) per year
- Generous pension contributions – up to 10% employer contribution
- Private health insurance
- Free healthcare cash plan, where you can claim for a range of treatment including dental (£120), optical (£120), physiotherapy, chiropody and acupuncture (£300) every year
- Annual interest-free season ticket loans
- Discounted gym memberships and cycle to work schemes
- Life insurance
If you are passionate about dogs and cats and about our work, then we’d like to hear from you.
For further information and details on how to apply, please click "Apply".
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; William Pringle or Leia Clancy on 0207 529 3090.
Please note that although this advert expires on 31st August, applications will be accepted via the Odgers Berndtson website until Friday 7th September 2018.