Account Development Director
A Global Logistics Giant is recruiting an Account Development Director to join their Nationwide based Business Development Leadership team.
As Account Development Director, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive Market leading net growth with selected group of key accounts.
- Identification, assessment, pursuit and closure of additional business opportunities within the assigned accounts in addition to effective management of RFQ opportunities
- Pro-actively manage the renewal agenda and ensure that customer satisfaction is sustained
- Develop and leverage constructive relationships within assigned accounts
- Act as key contact for customer on a local level
- Maintain access to key decision makers and establish coach network
- Continuously review business potential and identify potential business opportunities
- Try to sell within account, e.g. VAS
- Conduct research meetings with the customers and leverage coach network identify new opportunities
- Present solution proposal and business fit to decision makers, engage in negotiations and close the deal
- Pro-actively identify opportunities within assigned accounts
- Conduct opportunity assessment for identified opportunities and develop recommendation on pursuit or cancellation based on financial attractiveness, risk and fit of customer requirements with DSC capabilities
- Identify DSC's value proposition and high-level solution parameters based on customer requirements
- Develop a structured plan on how to win the opportunity (win-plan)
- Identify and assess business fit of customer with DSC and develop convincing business fit presentation
- Present solution to customer demonstrating clear business value, engage in negotiations and close the deal
- Collect customer feedback after opportunity and conduct internal Post-Opportunity Review
The ideal Account Development Director will have the following skills and experience:
- Supports development of business/solution fit presentations that clearly demonstrate business value to the customers; ensures business/solution fit presentations reflect understanding of customer requirements when presenting to decision makers; is able to articulate key messages to audience.
- Identifies likely questions/concerns from customer; supports preparation of negotiation strategies under direction of senior business leaders; contributes to commercial discussion with customer positively.
- Complies with the DSC sales process; uses all approved tools and processes during opportunity (e.g. Connexions); uploads documents to central repository in accordance with process timelines; applies Consultative Selling approach.
- Is informed about latest supply chain industry trends within sector, products and strategies; applies knowledge in right context and translates it into customer value; shares experience and insight pro-actively with colleagues.
- Constantly improves understanding of customer business model through desk research and research meetings; is able to differentiate important information from the large amount of available data.
- Pro-actively discusses with the customer how innovative service improvement may add value to their business; is able to design innovative out-of-the box solutions demonstrating clear business fit with the customers supply chain.
- Understands main financial/commercial principles and related business policies; identifies risks/opportunities within contracts and links to commercial consequences. Knows role in the contracting cycle and brings in the right people at the right time to help negotiate and close commercially sustainable arrangements for renewals/additional business on local level.
My client is one of the world's largest, logistics businesses and regardless of their dominance across several market verticals, they continue to drive significant growth.