Our client is leading high street retailer, who can demonstrate significant growth over recent years. Established both internationally and in the UK, our client has also developed a highly successful e-commerce operation. Due to the continued growth and profitability of the organisation, our client is looking to expand their current finance team.
As part of a Reporting team of 7 you will play an important role in the provision of timely and accurate management information to a wide-ranging audience across the business.
You will have ownership of the online P&L and payroll costs which are key areas of the business.
The growth of the company, especially their online business and the breadth of this role means that this position is expected to provide significant opportunity for development and increased responsibilities.
- Prepare and post all journal entries relating to the online P&L and payroll costs
- Deliver timely and accurate monthly management information to the e-commerce team with commentary that compares performance to budget & prior year and explanation of trends
- Business partnering with department heads. You will be the go to finance contact for the head of e-commerce and head of marketplaces when they have any cost, budget or other ad hoc queries.
- Preparation of monthly management information on staff costs and head count with analytical review that communicates the key variances to budget, prior period and prior year.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly.
Compliance and Controls:
- Significant involvement in year-end process, preparation of deliverables for the audit and key contact for the auditors during the audit process
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns and Intrastat overseas
- Support the development of a robust control environment by continuously identifying opportunities to improve financial systems and processes and by implementing these changes
- Training and development of junior members of the finance team
- Produce ad-hoc reporting to communicate financial performance to management to aid decision making
- Ongoing non-business as usual project work within the finance team as and when required
The successful candidate will have qualified in industry and will have proven experience as a Management Accountant in a commercial environment. Retail and/or e-commerce experience is highly desirable and advantageous. Applicants will need to have experience working within a large blue chip or multi-site or multi-currency company. You will need to be able to work under pressure, have strong Excel skills and be a proactive, friendly individual who is keen to work as part of a team.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/