Head of Regulation
Our client is one of the most exciting new businesses in the UK’s transport sector. They operate, manage, and maintain the infrastructure and stations, connecting London with several European destinations. The company provides international and domestic passenger services together with commercial interests in retail, car parking, and advertising media at its stations. The Head of Regulation will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for:
- Leading on regulatory and strategic stakeholder issues, including shaping, influencing and negotiating the regulatory environment
- Maximising the opportunities and minimising the risk from current and future regulatory and contractual requirements
- Facilitating the continued growth of the business by creating a positive stakeholder environment and enabling commercial activities such as property and retail.
- Shaping the regulatory and EU/UK political environment of the organisation and leading the business through Brexit discussions and implications
- Managing relationships with demanding stakeholders
- Leading on the regulatory review process, including finalising the preparation for Control Period 3 and overseeing the subsequent delivery of commitments made
Degree qualified and ideally a regulatory economist, you will be a self-starter with a proven track record of project managing across multi-disciplinary boundaries. You will also be experienced in providing thought leadership to support the overall business growth strategy. Excellent relationship management and influencing skills are a must and a good knowledge of UK and European rail regulation is desirable.