Senior Architectural Technician
Senior Architectural Technician opportunity with leading National house builder based regionally within the South Midlands. You will be actively mentoring juniors and fully operational on all projects and sites, coordinating information between internal departments and external consultants.
UK leading national PLC developer with a diverse portfolio that caters to specific regions it works within and to a diverse customer base. They have a market leading house type portfolio that takes quality seriously, both of design, specification and build; which all translates through to result in an above 90% customer satisfaction rating.
Naturally all this comes from the staff they have, all of whom take real pride in their work - they only hire the best and they work tirelessly tone ensure employees enjoy an enriched career in the short, medium and long-term. Training and development is serious and unrivalled.
Duties are typical of a Senior Technician/technical coordinator:
- Coordinate the production & review of layouts and working drawings
- Provide technical support and information to Construction, Commercial and Sales departments and maintain good communications to ensure the required level of service is maintained
- Assist the Design & Technical Director and Design Manager in the appointment of consultants
- Coordinate the submission of Building Regulation applications and assist in the procurement of other statutory approvals e.g. Section 104 and Section 38 Agreements
- Assist in the procurement in respect of the adoption of roads, sewers and public open spaces
- Assist in the procurement of new utility supplies
- Assist in the production of pre-tender Health & Safety Plan
- Procure and review information from external consultants, suppliers and manufacturers which supplement the working drawing packages
- As required, from time to time, produce designs for layouts, house designs etc.
Ideally you will have experience working within house building and a good understanding of their mechanics of moving schemes forward between various departments and processes. To compliment this, you will have excellent technical understanding of traditional construction and strong knowledge of building regulations and planning laws.
They are big on team working and so an ability to communicate across all levels is paramount. You love problem solving and using your accumulated knowledge to overcome challenges as they arise.
- Competitive salary within a progressive and forward thinking company
- Planned and monitored career progression
- Benefits include company car, bonus, healthcare, pension etc.