- General Manager for a 'by the box ' storage facility utilising cutting edge technology
- Brand New 28,000 sqft Start Up Warehouse based in Taunton
I am partnered with an Investment Company who are looking to appoint a results-oriented General Manager for one of their portfolio companies. This is a rare opportunity where you truly have the scope to create and develop a Business and Operation with a fully supported cutting edge service offering.
The new site is a well-resourced and the concept is a managed 'by-the-box' storage provider, deploying cutting edge technology that will operate from a new 28,000 sqft warehouse facility in Taunton. The Company is currently for an individual to lead the team in managing company matters and having oversight of logistical operations in this complex, partnership-driven business.
The successful candidate will manage both Sales and Operations; this role will require the successful individual to build the brand; create the company vision and culture which will be imperative to the business success. They will have overall responsibility for all company activities and strategy, as well as, shared responsibility for business development. The holder of this position will be responsible for partnering with the Marketing & Business Development Manager to develop and execute a strategic plan to drive the performance expectations. The General Manager will have unique responsibility for monitoring business progress, managing stakeholder relationships and capturing key metrics to ensure reliable reporting to the company Board.
- Engage storage industry participants and drive stakeholder partnerships
- Provide a recruitment strategy and develop a leadership team including the Marketing Manager
- Build a diverse customer network across diverse customer groups
- Monitoring company sales and productivity
- Collaborating with all business participants to ensure a first-class user experience
- Focusing on monitoring and meeting strategic and financial targets for the business namely sales budgets, margin contribution and service levels
- Negotiate contractual and commercial terms with partners
The successful General Manager will have excellent commercial experience gained within the Logistics distribution and Supply Chain sector. Other key aspects of the successful candidate will include:
- Good knowledge of warehouse management and operations including awareness of storage logistics and technologies
- Experience within B2B or B2B account management
- Partnership-oriented and able to maintain good working relationships, with customers, stakeholders and contracted parties
- Experience with managing 3rd Party Logistics Provider and targeting on set SLAs agreed
- People development capabilities, knowledge of team dynamics and the effects of a positive working environment Ability to interpret data and effectively apply outcome to the needs of the business
- Passionate about enhancing customer service; engages and inspires others to deliver the appropriate customer service solutions
- Ability to translate business plan into operation plan, establish results measurement, allocating/reallocating resources, review progress and make mid-course corrections
- Experience in delivering Monthly Performance Presentations to the key stakeholders
- Partner with peers and other key contacts throughout Distribution, Transport, Supply, Sales, Finance, Customer Services and Customers, to ensure the successful flow of boxes and resolving issues that may hinder the departments achieving planned targets
A Salary of £55,000 - £60,000 + Benefits.