The Technical Director is a Senior Management Leadership role and is a pivotal within the company. The role will be diverse, with responsibilities in various aspects of the technical, new process technology, new product introduction, product improvement and optimisation, supporting operations and sales functions.
A Materials Engineering Business supplying products into multiple sectors, they have seen continuous growth and are keen to maintain this by expanding on existing product range. Regarded a strong brand in terms of engineering capabilities and reputation for quality.
- Define & execute the Technology Strategy Road Map that will provide the platform form which to develop and introduce new products, optimise existing products and introduce new technologies to the business. A focused strategy to open up and enter new markets that are aligned with the overall business strategy of profitable growth
- Provide leadership and direction to the Technical function, develop new technical practises and standards. Drive technical leadership in the field of advanced materials manufacturing
- Conduct market research into new technologies that align with the business ambitions for growth, prepare business cases for investment in new technologies
- Conduct market research on new products that the business could develop and adopt into its portfolio. Prepare business cases for new product development
- Engage and align the business with technical institutions that can support with technology advancements, product development and growth plans
- Provide technology leadership, operational process support and technical product support to the operational and sales teams
As Technical Director your skills and experience should include:
- Degree qualification, in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or Metallurgy
- Post Graduate metallurgical or business qualification highly desirable
- Your technical and operational knowledge would have been gained in a metal processing business - Sand, Investment, Centrifugal Casting, Powder Atomization, Additive Manufacturing.
- Highly desirable experience gained working with exotic alloys, stainless steel, cobalt and nickel
- Excellent working knowledge of Powder Atomization, Cast And Machined Alloy Components within any of the Steel, Oil & Gas, Power, Glass, Food, Automotive And Aerospace Markets
- Strategic vision with the ability to explore market opportunities to develop strong growth
- Ability to develop a technology strategy and lead in a technically complex environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get people on side and brought into new ideas
Excellent executive package