Introducing New Street Group
We enable businesses big and small to adapt to the future world of work.
The future of business looks very different: traditional markets are being disrupted, the executive gig economy is growing, and customer expectations are rising. Technology is changing where, when and how people work. We enable businesses to compete and thrive in this new reality.
New Street Group is an award-winning group of companies which includes management consultancy and interim management (Interim Partners), high volume resourcing and talent solutions (BrightPool), executive search (New Street) with offices in Harrogate and London.
We've been ranked in the top 25 best small companies to work for in the UK and have been twice listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
We have a fantastic offices in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and central London and an open, supportive and entrepreneurial culture.
What we are looking for
Working as part of the senior executive team you will work alongside the Chief Executive and two Managing Directors with responsibilities involving strategic development of the company with executive responsibility for the finance, operations, administration, property, process development including project management as required.
The company's strategy is growth so you will need to continuously review and evolve current processes both in your own area of responsibility and also working in conjunction with colleagues across the Group to ensure an efficient service is given to all internal and external stakeholders from and finance and operations perspective.
You will have a hands-on approach and be responsible for the management of the small finance and operations teams.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Financial Management - Responsibility for the overall financial management of the company, ensuring best in class financial controls and governance are monitored and in place throughout the group including preparing annual budgets, reviewing monthly management reports, monitoring and reviewing company performance
- Business process improvement - work with the Operations team to ensure processes are continuously improving as well as project managing and implementing new ways of working, especially through technology, where appropriate
- Responsible for the company's payroll, as well as working with HR on the company's pension provisions and LTIP scheme
- Overall responsibility for premises management, liaising with landlords and ensuring the company's purchasing of goods and services are kept within tight controls
- Developing and mentoring the finance and operations team members to ensure good team morale
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, able to develop relationships at all levels. You should be a qualified chartered accountant, ideally trained within a large firm. You will have already had experience of working as a Finance Director within a £20-£50 million turnover company and be able to demonstrate an understanding of using technology to streamline processes. Candidates who have experience of high growth companies, M&A within the SME space, international experience and those that have worked for a private equity backed company will be given precedence.