Business Development Director
Consistently rated as one of the Sunday Times Top Small Companies to work for, our client is at the forefront of the flexible office market, disrupting the commercial real estate sector for the benefit of its customers.
We are seeking a dynamic, ambitious and solutions-focused Business Development Director. This person will play a key role in unlocking new clients and the growth/development of major accounts. The successful candidate will possess the gravitas and profile to develop relationships at multiple levels, and to develop, present and oversee the delivery of client specific outsourced real estate solutions.
- Identify and access new business opportunities using the business’ unique and innovative approach to flexible workspace
- Play a key role in developing and cultivating client relationships in order to fully understand the challenges that prospective clients face such as target locations, space requirements, design, fit-out and utilisation
- Create and deliver a solution which will enhance target clients’ core business
- Acting as key client contact, coordinate the delivery of client mandates with the assistance of functional and geographical leaders within the global colleague network
- Optimise performance by planning short, medium and long term client revenue streams. Building the appropriate internal team around the opportunity to maximise delivery capability
- Networking, hosting and entertaining clients, acting as an evangeliser and ambassador for the business and the flexible office market generally
- Working creatively, tenaciously and collaboratively to take opportunities from origination through to close
- Knowledge sharing and imparting commercially valuable knowledge to the relevant team members and through CRM system (Salesforce)
- Striving to inspire and impact the culture of the business, actively adding value to both prospective clients and team members
Background and experience:
- Proven track record of creating and delivering successful outsourced solutions with significant success in working with mid-cap and large corporate clients
- Naturally embraces innovation with a strong desire to be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding market segment
- Poised and agile style with a professional and consultative approach to winning business
- Able to build effective relationships at all levels, and capitalise on prospective clients’ ever-growing interest in exploring flexible office solutions
- Likely to have previous experience and knowledge of the commercial property market
Key skills and competencies:
- The successful candidate will possesses natural drive, enthusiasm and ambition to make an impact in a fast-paced PE backed business.
- A flair for thinking creatively and a desire to differentiate from the traditional norms of the property sector.
- Easily able to articulate solutions, not products, with a hungry, inquisitive and detailed disposition
- Forward-thinking, assertive with excellent listening and coaching skills
- A strong planner with a good understanding of the difference between cost and value.
- Well-presented with excellent communication skills; personable and easy to build rapport with
- A strong networker and excellent communicator; articulate, confident, positive and professional.