Head of Treasury Strategy and Support
An established and prestigious bank in Riyadh, Saudia Arabia.
The Head of Treasury Strategy and Support will report to the Treasurer and will provide support, leadership and strategic input with the formation of a new Treasury Middle Office function at the bank.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Monitor the compliance of the treasury transaction on a daily basis with set risk standards in order to identify any potential discrepancies, providing analysis of findings and proposing solutions to reach alignment
- Develop analytical reporting of the treasury transactions so as to monitor their risk exposure and compliance with set risk limits
- Ensure the daily reconciliation of transactions between back and front office, so as to safeguard and validate that the transactions contacted in the front office are reflected in the daily P&L and back office operations
- Monitor the treasury portfolio management to identify compliance with set limits and standards
- Manage the analysis of the new treasury products in order to assess and specify the assets and capital required for the successful launch of these products in alignment with international and local market regulations
- Monitor the calculation and validation of the rates used in the treasury transactions, so as to ensure they are beneficial for the Group and aligned to set standards and regulations
- Assist in treasury interaction with lines of business regarding loan and deposit pricing and returns to ensure meeting balance sheet strategies
- Monitor and validate that the treasury transactions are executed according to the set processes and procedures and within the proper level of authority
- Support the development of risk simulations and “what if” scenarios regarding the interest’s income of the treasury portfolio, so as to provide projections of potential change in interest rates in the products, services and lending operations
- Manage the development of Value at Risk simulations and stress tests related to the treasury portfolio and balance sheet data, so as to identify liquidity and portfolio concentration risks, as well as potential risks in the Bank’s assets and liabilities
- Ensures timely follow-up on audit, risk, compliance, Business Technology and Internal Control observations to facilitate timely implementation of corrective actions
- Monitor and validate the periodical reports to the Head of Division on the compliance, risk, audit, Business Technology and Internal Control posture of the division, highlighting issues identified and any breaches of compliance
- Lead the development and implementation of Market research and insights to ensure that the Division Head is fully informed about the leading practices relevant to the division
- Oversee Systems Support team to ensure effective provision of systems support services, in accordance with defined policies and procedures, to fulfil end-user requirement
- Lead the coordination with relevant departments to ensure the maintenance and backup of key IT systems to facilitate optimum data security in accordance with established policies and procedures
The successful applicant will be an experienced Treasury Manager with relevant managerial experience in a Bank.