Director of ICT
1 day left
A customer focussed, high energy IT Director is required to drive, shape the next evolution of IT services for the London Borough of Hounslow. With the impending delivery of a new Civic Centre, Hounslow are in a period of exciting change embracing the new facility as a platform for continued transformation.
The Director of ICT will shape, scope and lead projects and programmes enabling council staff to be as effective as possible in their roles, whatever their function, wherever they are working. Through smart working, improved systems and a clear digital ambition ICT has a great opportunity to drive greater value to residents.
The London Borough of Hounslow, one of London’s largest and most diverse Boroughs, is an exciting and stimulating place to work with ambitious plans to deliver the best services for the communities it serves. This is an exciting time to join this ever evolving and vibrant Council; the transformation journey it has embarked upon is highly visible and the opportunities for ICT to enable substantive improvements are very real.
- A lead role in driving transformation within the London Borough of Hounslow. You will ensure that IT delivers against service objectives acting as an enabler for collaborative, cost effective IT & digital innovation.
- Lead the engagement of IT with the Council, and act as a subject matter expert and source of professional advice to key stakeholders across all Council services.
- You will make an effective contribution to the corporate management of the council. The Director of ICT will develop opportunities for ICT to deliver services which reduce costs, generate operational improvement as well as directly enable improved resident services.
- With gravitas gained through consistent delivery against demanding ICT performance requirements, you will be able to show clear evidence of having generated commercial and operational improvement from ICT throughout your career
- A business facing leader adept at building internal and external relationships; driving strategic and commercial value through IT. An understanding or direct experience of local government would be advantageous, but not essential, for this role.
- Strong technical background combined with a business focussed mind-set you will have an excellent track record in delivering high quality ICT services. Ability to identify and drive service improvement through IT is an essential quality
This is an excellent role that will give the right person access to the absolute core of the Council working right in the strategic centre.
For further information and details on how to apply, please click "Apply".
Closing date for applications: 16th August 2018