Chief Executive Officer
2 days left
Chief Executive Officer
Broughton House Charity (BHC) is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) based in Higher Broughton, Salford, Greater Manchester. BHC is a provider of high quality residential, respite and nursing care to men and women who have served in the British Armed Forces and Merchant Navy.
During the past 100 years, the Home has cared for well over 8,000 personnel. It has an excellent reputation and is well recognised in the sector for high standards of performance, most recently, receiving laudatory reports from the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and a commendation by the Gold Standards Framework for the provision of end of life care. The Charity has decided it is time for a change to meet the needs of modern veteran care and the growing and ever-changing demands of veterans regardless of their age, status, wealth, gender or disability.
Given this and the need to provide a sustainable future, the charity has embarked on the creation of a new Veteran Care Village. Planning consent has been granted for the redevelopment of the Broughton House site to provide a 64-bedroom care village with a dementia wing along with 24 independent living apartments and a support hub. Construction started in July 2018 and will be completed in 2020.
The charity now seeks a new Chief Executive to lead the organisation with vision and energy to fulfil its ambition to be the preferred independent provider of residential, nursing and respite care for Veterans of the British Armed Forces and Merchant Navy in the North West. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to lead the charity into its next development phase and be responsible for the delivery of the new £14 million Veteran Care Village capital scheme which will be a national first and high profile.
- Act as the public face of the charity both locally and nationally through this exciting phase in its history, ensuring the delivery of the £14 million scheme as an intelligent customer.
- The CEO will be expected to engage with the wider military family locally and nationally.
- Provide leadership to the charity and be responsible for the management and administration of the charity and village ensuring all staff and volunteers are working to achieve the charity’s vision and objectives.
- Advise the Trustees to enable them to set the vision, mission, strategic objectives and priorities for the charity and develop its philosophy and values. Helping them to adopt a flexibly approach to service development.
- Strong leadership, senior management experience and skills including financial, planning, HR, risk and change management and a strong business knowledge base.
- Knowledge of charity governance policy and statutory requirements.
- Experience of major fundraising and representing an organisation at a senior level with multiple key stakeholders locally, regionally and nationally.
- Whilst military experience is not essential, candidates must have empathy with the military veteran community.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit the website by clicking on Apply.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Hannah Wade on 0113 386 8542 or Rowena Skinner on 0113 386 8515.
Closing date for applications: Monday 13th August 2018