Commercial & Finance Director
Our retained client is a private equity backed business services group. The enterprise value of the group is in excess of £500million, and divisional revenue is circa £150million.
This opportunity exists as Commercial & Finance Director for the largest division. Reporting to the Divisional Managing Director, with a dotted line to the Group CFO, key responsibilities include:
- Promoting and expanding commercial activity to build client relationships, generate revenue and accelerate sustainable growth
- Optimising operations to improve quality of service, drive down costs and mitigate risks
- Providing leadership, direction and guidance through a team of Finance, Sales, Product, Business Analyst and Operations experts
- Using insight and data to drive business performance
- Setting financial and sales targets, and monitoring P&L performance
- Overseeing divisional budgeting and forecasting
- Reviewing and challenging pricing controls and sales incentives
- Overseeing and approving commercial agreements (client, channel partner and supplier)
- Negotiating with clients on contractual and commercial matters
- Supporting the CFO and Divisional MD on M&A activity
The successful candidate will have the following profile:
- A combination of commercial and financial experience within a B2B Services environment.
- A background in finance (Big 4 ACA, Blue Chip CIMA background or MBA).
- Exposure to Private Equity is desirable, but not essential
- Corporate Finance / M&A experience is desirable
- Exceptional commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mind-set
- The ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation and EBITDA creation.
- Strong influencing skills
- Effective decision maker