Interim European Finance Director
A very rare and exciting opportunity to be part of the European set up team for an American success story.
This US brand having enjoyed considerable growth and success within its sector, is now coming to Europe and will shortly set up their European structure.
- Ensure the European entity is set up in order to begin trading imminently with the correct structures/procedures mapped to enable all reporting and legal requirements to be satisfied.
- Set up and validate all banking, insurance, tax and pension arrangements against a strict timetable and ensure all are legally and audit compliant
- Create weekly reporting for sales, the monthly and quarterly P&L as well as forecasting and planning in conjunction with the US to build the 2019 and beyond plans
- Integrate systems with the US and set up both ordering and invoicing systems
- Ensure contracts for customers and suppliers are correctly drafted for each territory and are ready for commencement of trade
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional interim Finance Director to be one of the founder members of the new European team. Working closely with the CEO to set this entity up for success in order to hand over to a more junior Financial Controller who can grow with the business.
- A qualified Finance Director who has direct European experience.
- Someone who has set up from scratch new entities within European countries and has personal experience of ensuring accounting, legal and tax structures are set up correctly and compliantly
- Most likely from the FMCG sector and therefore used to goods moving through third party distributors to the end customer via multiple channels
- A hands-on Finance Director who is able to work alone in these initial few months of set up and can work autonomously, especially in the absence of the CEO when visiting the USA. A trusted partner.
- Highly likely to have experience of working for and reporting to a US headquartered company and therefore understands US GAAP and the dynamics of US reporting
Please apply with your CV, last daily rate and availability. Interviews will take place on the 19th and 20th July in London. Your UK base does not need to be London but to be able to travel between London, Oxford and Manchester easily would be advantageous.