- Excellent opportunity to join an international SME with ambitious growth plans
- A Financial Controller to play a key role in this exciting next chapter.
About Our Client
Established in 1998, Staycold Export Ltd. is a specialist supplier of beverage coolers to global brands such as Heineken, Busweiser and Pepsi. In addition, it has a second division that is focused upon the fast growing market for refrigeration used in domestic outdoor kitchens. Approximately 25% of sales are exported to countries as diverse as Australia, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Hong Kong and Africa.
The Technical Development Centre is located in Istanbul and there is a sales operation based in Dubai serving the UAE.
The company was awarded the Scottish Power "Business of the Year" award in 2015. In 2016 it was recognised by the UK's refrigeration industry body for its innovation in energy efficiency and in 2017 it gained "Silver" status for its Corporate Social Responsibility from Eco Vadis auditors. The company holds a market leading position in energy efficient refrigeration.
Staycold is embarking on an exciting new chapter on its journey and is on track to double turnover within its current five year plan. The £3.5m investment into new purpose-built premises on Hawarden Business Park will be a key part of this growth, bringing together several functions which currently operate from separate sites.
This role is being advertised on behalf of Staycold Export Ltd. by Michael Page Finance, where all third party applications will be forwarded. Please use the link below to submit your application.
Reporting to the MD the successful candidate will also partner the Sales Director and Technical Director to play a key role in running the whole business.
The successful candidate will take control not only of the accounting functions, but also the operational aspects of running and growing the business. As such it is not a pure finance role and the successful candidate will oversee, and help grow, an already successful business. The FC will have responsibility for all aspects of the business outside of product procurement, sales and marketing.
- A commercially aware professionally qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company
- Control and develop financial systems and provide information to assist management to achieve profitable growth
- Adherence to all legal & statutory requirements such as H&S, WEEE, GDPR
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, often having to work with other departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets
- Managing capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, cash and acquisitions as and when these areas need focus
- Communicate with external bodies including the bank, external auditors and HMRC when required
- Excellent commercial and business experience
- Strong IT skills and management of the overall IT function
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
- Work with the MD and wider management team to grow the business formulating strategies and business plans
- Lead and develop an effective finance team
- Ensuring accurate timely and meaningful financial information to enable controlled profitable growth
- Responsible for overall cash management and cash flow analysis on a regular basis
- Lead and manage the budgeting process and formulation of annual budgets and targets
- Overall control and responsibility for all aspects of the finance function including audit, and all aspects of compliance
- Preparation and interpretation of weekly and monthly updates
- Review and preparation of monthly management accounts and investigating and reporting variances, and establishing financial plans where necessary
- As part of the monthly management account process to ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled
- Treasury matters, Bank Liaison, Forex
- Capital expenditure- evaluation of expenditure and financial returns
- Insurance and risk management
- Involved in pricing decisions and providing support information
- To set monitor and achieve performance targets in accordance with company aims, plans and objectives
- To play a leading role in the enhancement of IT within the organisation. (Sage Line 50 but moving to 200)
- Presentation of annual accounts
- Responsibility for all aspects of the business outside of product procurement, sales and marketing
- These additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to: Import and export activity, HR, building and warehouse management, and Sales Administration. Transport of goods to the end customer. WEEE compliance
- Any other ad hoc duties and reports as and when they fall due, including statutory returns
- Occasional Travel, possibly UK and overseas, may be required but mainly it is office based
The Successful Applicant:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant
- SME business experience beneficial, including the key responsibilities previously mentioned
- International Import, Export, Wholesale experience highly desirable
- Previous FC or 'Number One' finance experience is the most likely background of the successful candidate
- Desire to progress to FD
- Previous experience of managing HR, IT, Operations, Sales Admin, Building Management and Transport would be beneficial
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £60,000 plus management team level bonus
Ref Code: MPFE13932052Z