Head of FP&A
BIE is working with a leading PE-backed property services group to recruit an experienced Head of FP&A.
The role is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the division, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
The main duties of the role are:
- Lead the five-year strategic plan, working with the wider organisation to incorporate new business initiatives and business objectives.
- Manage the annual budget planning process including developing guidance, holding business reviews, communicating with the senior leadership team, and preparation of presentation materials for key stakeholders/investors. Areas of focus include operational KPIs, product and segment revenues, operating costs and headcount, balance sheet, capex, and cash.
- Provide timely and thorough quarterly financial forecasts, highlighting key issues and actively engaging with the business/fellow financial colleagues to embed change.
- Analyse trends and KPIs at group through to department level to help anticipate and influence business operating performance; identify performance gaps and opportunities and drive action plans to resolve them.
- Work with the wider finance and Senior Leadership Team to ensure that all deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- Analysing contract bids, pricing and providing value add analysis on competitor activities. Work closely with the CFO and CEO on investor relations to supply comprehensive data for all meetings.
- Perform other related duties including Mergers & Acquisition analysis and reporting, and capital project planning, appraisal, and reporting as required.
- Manage and develop the FP&A and Commercial team.
Key skills and experience:
- Proven ability to communicate complex information to senior management
- Highly numerical, analytical and whilst focused on the detail, has a firm appreciation of the "big picture" and is able to offer strategic input
- Qualified accountant (ideally CIMA) with a strong academic background
- Experience of working in large or medium-sized business, ideally with private equity-backed
- Management of regular reporting including monthly management accounts, forecasting, and budgeting
- Experience of working on investment appraisals of projects
- Design and preparation of presentation materials for board and senior management teams
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Skilled in cost analysis, modelling and metrics
- Occasional travel to UK sites may occur