An Operations Manager is required for a family owned FMCG business in Kent.
Our client is a family owned FMCG business who are specialists in their market.
The Operations Manager will report to the Managing Director and will be responsible for the organised and efficient day to day running of Night & Day Warehouse functions.
Based in West Kent, key responsibilities will include:
- Profitability of these departments with regards to staff costs, packaging and waste.
- Investigation and reduction of errors relating to production.
- Ensuring customer orders are picked and loaded on time and in full daily.
- Working with Technical to maintain the BRC accreditation.
- The preparation and monthly review of the Operations budget.
- Ensuring department adherence to the company Operating Procedure and Health and Safety standards.
- Liaising with other departments with respect to production enquiries, error investigation and other requests.
- Ensuring all operations staff have the necessary inductions, probationary meetings, appraisals, training and development.
- Ensuring daily handovers are completed by both Day and Night teams and are both accurate and informative.
- Resolving any staff conduct or performance issues using disciplinary measures where necessary and communicating any such issues to the HR Department. Ensuring all notes from meetings are documented and filed with HR.
- Accident and Incident Investigation and reporting within the operational departments is done correctly.
- Overseeing the external contractors for warehouse equipment with respect to cost, servicing, breakdowns and renewals.
- Maintaining the staff training program and ensuring staff are suitably trained.
- Overseeing and reviewing the weekly department rotas to ensure there are no shortages in production.
- Overseeing the process of onboarding new customers / product ranges.
The successful Operations Manager will live within a commuting distance of West Kent and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Experience of running an FMCG warehouse and distribution operation. A strong leader with a track record in delivering operational targets.
- An ability to motivate and inspire a management team to produce results and ensure the department succeed.
- Be able to identify and implement cost savings from short term savings to more complex long term savings.
- You will be able to demonstrate where you have developed weekly KPI's to track savings and costs.
- Computer Literacy including systems and advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Budgeting and financial planning experience.
- Good communication skills and an ability to interact across all levels.
A competitive basic salary and set of employment terms for the successful candidate.