VP of Software Engineering
The VP of Engineering will report to the SVP and will serve as a vital member of the global executive team of an affiliated ESW Capital company, and be responsible for quarterly high-quality product delivery.
As part of the leadership team, you will be expected to run an engineering organization using revolutionary and radically differentiated processes with a focus on great global teams, productivity, factory-like methods, and achieving quantifiable business impact. You will be expected to drive higher levels of value and productivity from your engineering organization than most companies would expect to achieve. You must build, develop and engage a team from a global talent pool and in so doing ensure the teams effectively and efficiently solve some of the most challenging software problems with engineers distributed around the globe. You will leverage your technical depth as a former developer and architect to set a personal standard for Computer Science excellence, and push your teams to maintain your talent base.
You will be required to hire, coach and manage 5-15 Software Engineering Managers who are leading global groups. You will also be expected to be an expert at aggressive goal setting and derive weekly productivity improvements to drive significant levels of value and productivity at much higher levels than in most companies. You must continuously improve the quality of your teams using our global talent sourcing.
You are expected to be proficient at doing deep-dives into problem-solving with your teams and able to leverage past technical expertise in Software Development, Quality Assurance, Cloud Infrastructure, and automated deployments using CI/CD tools.
You should be capable of working closely with our F500 customer executives as well as key executives within ESW Capital. The expectation is that you are a seasoned professional with excellent English communication skills that can effectively manage executive relationships.
- Drive rigorous, and regular product releases across multiple, complex software products
- Establish world-class standards and technical operations to deliver consistent, high-quality products across dispersed, global teams
- Implement engineering management strategies to achieve world-class productivity and cost efficiency
- Engage with customers and product managers to ensure that product delivery obsessively aligns with customer value creation
- Transform existing teams of engineers and architects and development managers into a highly effective engineering function, including upgrading and reorganizing our talent as required
- Engage and align top talent through strong recruitment, mentoring, hands-on architectural leadership and career management
- Lead product technical due diligence and engineering talent assessment for 2-4 acquired or to-be-acquired companies each year
- Transform acquired engineering teams into an effective and efficient global model to increase quality and reduce cost over pre-acquisition benchmarks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (MS or Ph.D. preferred) is absolutely mandatory
- Extensive experience in hands-on C++, Java or .NET architecture and programming in a hands-on, development-intensive individual contributor role
- You should have managed teams of more than 50 contributors and have hired and led at least 5 other managers for a significant period
- Strong engineering experience leading multiple teams across multiple products and technologies — this is a global leadership role for a seasoned software development leader, not a first executive role for a great software development manager
- Experience in Software Engineering focused instead of product management
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams and scalable best engineering practices
- Recent experience with DevOps, CICD, and Cloud architecture. We live in the Cloud.
- Experience with high-end enterprise systems deployed in environments of Global 100 corporation complexity