Regional Distribution Manager
A Distribution Centre Manager is required for our leading retail client.
Our client is a leading retail business.
The Regional Distribution Manager will be responsible for managing a number of retail distribution centres and respective teams across the South. You will oversee effective cost management to ensure all controllable costs are delivered in line within budget, including overtime, agency staff and external contractor spend and identify trends and opportunities to improve costs.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for cross functional working with retail, buying, merchandising, finance and audit functions to support a successful delivery of all objectives.
- To support, coach, train and motivate DC Managers and Warehouse managers and drive high standards of leadership.
- Ensuring the delivery of world class customer service to our customers.
- Accountable for auditable compliance on Health & Safety and Commercial Vehicle including WTD and drivers hours.
- Supply chain projects and strategic initiatives as agreed with the Head of Warehouse and Distribution.
- Engagement results for your region to be in line with agreed targets.
- Controllable cost per order to be below agreed target for your region.
The successful Regional Distribution Manager will be ideally based in the Thames Valley region and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Have run a similar a multi-site or single site distribution operation.
- Ideally have overseen a customer facing driver operation or 2 man home delivery.
- Excellent leadership skills and examples of team management.
- Excellent stakeholder management and customer service skills.
- Previous budget management experience required.
- Capable of managing poor performance and encouraging great performance.
- Must be fully conversant with the Transport Law governing Driving Hours.
A competitive basic salary and set of employment terms is on offer for the successful candidate.