Healthcare Investment Specialist - Interim
Healthcare UK is seeking to recruit a Healthcare Investment Specialist to take a new strategic approach to developing, refining and promoting the UK’s healthcare proposition to a global audience, and increase the level of overseas investment coming into the UK.
The immediate requirement will be to define an ‘investible’ UK proposition in healthcare and to define a global target audience. This will involve developing a clear idea of the offer we might take to market, how it might be constructed and what it could deliver by September 2018, with further room to iterate this proposition throughout the year.
Therefore, the ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the UK’s health environment across the public and private sector, will bring excellent contacts and be ready to take a strategic but hands on approach.
We would expect the role to require a working pattern of 4 days per week, although this could be negotiable for the right candidate. The role will require intra-UK and some international travel.
The role will be 4 days per week, with flexibility on location. However, will be expected to spend one day per week in London. 12 month contract and paying £500 plus as day rate.
This is an exceptional career development opportunity for a dynamic individual seeking to gain experience of working in a high-profile Government department or for an experienced expert to contribute to a growth in UK investment in a exciting high-profile area.
The Investment Health Specialist will need to have:
- Strong commercial background, with an excellent understanding of the Health and Social Care market in the UK across both the private and the public sectors. Will need to keep abreast of significant trends and developments in order to keep the UK proposition current.
- A strong network of contacts within the UK’s Health community. This will be supplemented by the existing contact list within Healthcare UK and LSO.
- The ability to think commercially when engaging with UK organisations and foreign investors - and to effectively communicate with, and manage such (and other) stakeholders.
- A responsive mindset when dealing with queries from the team and our customer base in fulfilling their requests, for instance, identifying and match making appropriate FDI opportunities.
- The flexibility to combine strategic focus and operational delivery that will enable us to significantly grow the level of investment in the Health and Social Care sector.
- Knowledge of Foreign investment and different models of investment in the UK
- Sufficient gravitas to represent the UK’s Health and Social Care capability and Healthcare UK both in the UK and overseas.