LGPS Central Limited have partnered with Robert Walters to recruit an experienced and motivated Tax Accountant to join the team based in Wolverhampton.
About our Client:
LGPS Central Limited is an exciting new initiative by nine local government pension funds across the Midlands, which aims to use the combined buying power of over £40 billion of pensions assets to reduce costs, improve investment returns and widen the range of available investments, all for the benefit of local government pensioners, workers and employers.
The company operates an Authorised Contractual Scheme (ACS) through which the pension funds can invest their assets, and is currently planning to grow this as well as developing further collective investment vehicles which will span a wide range of asset classes.
The principle purpose of the role is to manage all activity related to Tax matters for the organisation. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, as a key member of the finance team, you will be the link between both internal and external stakeholders ensuring effective and efficient compliance with all taxation requirements.
The successful candidate will thrive in an evolving and entrepreneurial environment, and will embody a positive "hands on" approach. You will have a track record of success in similar tax related roles and demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and proactively.
Tax Accountant Key Role Responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit tax returns as required by relevant authorities
- Play a lead role in the day-to-day management of the tax advisor relationship
- Liaise with HMRC and other taxation bodies as appropriate
- Provide advice to the Head of Finance and other managers on strategic tax planning matters, including on the development of new investment products
- Maintain appropriate tax records for the company
- Contribute to the annual budgeting and financial planning process through the provision of timely and accurate advice concerning the anticipated tax position
- Promote the work of the Finance team within the company, including the delivery of financial training and financial advice and support to managers
- Support the Head of Finance in the management of the finance team and to deputise for the Head of Finance as required
Tax Accountant Key Role Requirements:
Cultural fit combined with technical competence is critical for this role. Applicants must be technically strong, highly intellectual with proven problem-solving skills. LGPS Central Limited is looking for a high achiever who can demonstrate breadth of experience coupled with a genuine passion to be an expert when it comes to all matters Tax related.
In addition to being a talented, driven individual the new Tax Accountant will have:
- Qualified Accountant / CCAB qualified
- Strong and relevant experience in tax
- An analytical thinker
- Provide effective team leadership
- Innovative and drive improvements within the finance team
- Ability to communicate complex and highly-technical matters to colleagues at all levels of the organisation in a way which is understandable and relevant, verbally and written
- Good interpersonal, communication and people management skills including the ability to play an effective role in cross-team working groups
LGPS Central Limited is offering an unrivalled salary and benefits package including 30 days holiday and enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
For more information on this Tax Accountant role based in Wolverhampton please contact Andrew Chaplin for a confidential discussion on +44 (0)121 260 2543 or by clicking on Apply. Please note that Robert Walters are exclusively retained on this role and all third-party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters.