My client is a global, diverse, miner who are now seeking the addition of a Financial Controller to their London Head Office.
The role will be ideal for a candidate with prior accountancy qualifications and experience in mining, ideally with some of this onsite.
Mining experience is essential for this role.
This is a high profile role reporting into the CFO. They have numerous assets across 4 different continents and this role will help them continue to grow.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a focus and process around costs to ensure alignment to the budget.
- Continuously monitor and track cost and performance at units and identify opportunities for improvement and drive improvement initiatives.
- Ensure effective cost controlling and raising early flags for overruns and concerns.
- Ensure the cost reporting tool is further developed and integrated with the systems and processes to ensure accurate and complete recording and reporting of cost drivers and associated costs.
- Pro-active analysis of purchase contracts with special emphasis on service contracts that they are need based, properly priced with appropriate clauses for penalties for non-performance. Also, the company gets value for money and that there is a strong control mechanism in place for measuring and approving the work done by contractors.
- Strong supervision on contractor cost spend across the sites.
- Identify management gain opportunities including scope for improvement of OEE for all sites.
- To work with units to achieve revised cost targets including retaining ex rate, fuel price gains.
- Ensure proper process in place for management and control of process inventories and inventories of spares and consumables.
- Work with finance teams to strengthen and develop finance controlling processes, systems and controls and people across the organisation.
Apply for Finance Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly