My client is a global, diverse, miner who is now seeking the addition of a Financial Controller to their London Head Office.
The role will be ideal for a candidate with prior accountancy qualifications and experience in mining, ideally with some of this onsite.
Mining experience is essential for this role.
This is a high profile role reporting into the CFO. They have numerous assets across 4 different continents and this role will help them continue to grow.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a focus and process around costs to ensure alignment to the budget.
- Continuously monitor and track cost and performance at units and identify opportunities for improvement and drive improvement initiatives.
- Ensure effective cost controlling and raising early flags for overruns and concerns.
- Ensure the cost reporting tool is further developed and integrated with the systems and processes to ensure accurate and complete recording and reporting of cost drivers and associated costs.
- Pro-active analysis of purchase contracts with special emphasis on service contracts that they are need based, properly priced with appropriate clauses for penalties for non-performance. Also, the company gets value for money and that there is a strong control mechanism in place for measuring and approving the work done by contractors.
- Strong supervision on contractor cost spend across the sites.
- Identify management gain opportunities including scope for improvement of OEE for all sites.
- To work with units to achieve revised cost targets including retaining ex rate, fuel price gains.
- Ensure proper process in place for management and control of process inventories and inventories of spares and consumables.
- Work with finance teams to strengthen and develop finance controlling processes, systems and controls and people across the organisation.