A leading RSL in the UK is looking for a capable Development Director to drive their affordable and market sale programme. Based in the Midlands this post will form a critical part of the senior management team as they enter a period of transformation and growth.
A leading RSL in the UK with ambitious plans for growth.
The Development Director will play a pivotal role in the organisation responsible for all development activities, inclusive of land acquisition, planning applications and delivery of build methods through to sale or handover into property management. They will also identify and negotiate land opportunities for the full range of housing development, including affordable, shared ownership, open market and PRS. They will ensure that new business opportunities are effectively evaluated and costed to ensure financial viability and fit with Strategic Asset Management strategy as well as ensuring that sales revenues and margins are maximised.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Strategic thinker and able to translate strategy into deliverable action plans.
- Extensive proven experience of successfully delivering complex large scale development programmes in the private or RSL sector.
- Proven experience in managing a range of delivery methods, including direct build.
- Must have proven experience of developing and assessing land acquisition strategies.
- Commercial/business acumen to develop and monitor long term business and financial plans.
- Experienced and confident in presenting business cases and updates to Boards.
- Degree level qualification and appropriate professional qualification.
- Proven experience of operating in a senior leadership position within a matrix organisation.
Very competitive salary and benefits.