Interim Policy Consultant
Russam GMS is working with an international health organisation.
Role & Responsibilities
Our client has an immediate requirement for an interim Policy Consultant who will help pilot through an important new resolution at next year’s World Health Assembly.
Acting as key negotiator for the organisation the interim Policy Consultant will:
- Support and contribute to the drafting of a resolution that encourages member states to deliver their particular services for all as part of universal health care
- Support the missions of the member states in achieving agreement to the draft resolution
- Mobilise support from a wide group of member state missions in Geneva
- Work with the WHO on a successful outcome
- Pilot the resolution through the necessary steps (draft, adoption at Executive Committee, adoption at the World Health Assembly etc)
- Work closely with key organisation members on drafting and negotiating with members states
The role would be between London and Geneva (and could be based in either place). The appointment is likely to be for six months, potentially part-time.
The Desired Applicant
The interim Policy Consultant will have good policy/advocacy experience in health, ideally gained with the WHO and the UN in Geneva with:
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Good drafting
- Understanding of UN and, ideally, WHO processes
- Excellent understanding of international health policy and priorities
- Excellent communication skills (written and interpersonal)
It would be desirable if you also had:
- Good understanding of health systems
- Experience of working with the WHO
- Experience of working with missions in Geneva
How to Apply
All interested applicants should log in / register and upload a current CV. No other documents are required at this stage.
Closing date for applications is Monday 16th July 2018