Chief Executive Officer
Russam GMS is delighted to be supporting St Mark’s Hospital Foundation with their search for a new Chief Executive.
St Mark’s Hospital Foundation supports the work of St Mark’s Hospital in Harrow which has developed an outstanding global brand having started in 1835 as the world’s first specialist bowel disease hospital. The money they raise ensures vital research, education and training goes ahead each year, keeping St Mark’s at the very pinnacle of success.
St Mark’s Hospital Foundation are at a pivotal moment in their development having grown annual funds raised from around £0.5 million in 2007 to £2 million last year. The Board has concluded that in order to grow the Foundation further over the next five to ten years they need a Chief Executive to provide oversight of all the Foundation’s activities.
With support and guidance from the Chair and the Board of Trustees, the Chief Executive will be accountable for the effective running and performance of the Foundation, including the Academic Institute. They will also take responsibility for development, financial management, income generation, relationship building and delivery of the Foundation’s business plan and goals.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a new role and to take the Foundation forward.
St Mark’s Hospital Foundation is looking for a someone special to lead the Foundation into the future.
The successful candidate be educated to degree level or equivalent and will have previous leadership and operational skills gained in an organisation of comparable size and complexity.
They will also have the following essential experience:
- Expertise in leading, inspiring and motivating people towards the achievement of excellence
- Experience of developing and delivering growth strategies in an income generating environment
- A track record of raising significant level of funds from a range of donors including private, corporate public and charitable sources
- A track record of delivering growth of an organisation
- Experience of building high-level relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation
- Strong financial and business acumen, ability to manage budgets and a track record of developing long term strategic plans to ensure the continued viability of the organisation
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please provide a comprehensive CV including details of your achievements in each role, and including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer.