Head of Sales and Marketing
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director and will have overall responsibility for the sales and marketing function of the company.
The main purpose of the role is to work with the Directors to design and implement a sales and marketing strategy identifying the different approaches needed for their different routes to market and customers as well as growing the additional services that they offer. The management, coaching and harmonisation of the sales and marketing teams will be a primary focus for the newly appointed Head of Sales & Marketing.
- To create and implement a strategy for continued growth in gross margin across multiple products and services with a focus on broadening the customer base and product mix to reduce reliance on large contracts
- Be highly familiar with and adept at developing programmes that inform strategic marketing activities and ensuring that the sales and marketing activities are aligned.
- Identify and understand both competitor and supplier positioning to develop the strength of their offer to clients.
- Providing leadership, coaching and structure to the sales and marketing teams and their activities to drive the growth of the business
- Design, implement and manage focused KPI’s to evaluate and optimise the performance of the team and ensure targets are exceeded
- Using modern techniques, create and execute a marketing strategy to enhance the reputation of the company and enable the sales team to differentiate quality products in a price sensitive market
- Bring professional techniques to increase market share, identify opportunities to exploit niche markets and maximise existing relationships with current key accounts to capitalise the contract values
- Support the sales team with the management of key accounts to add value to the relationships and identify strategic collaborations with existing third party relationships
- Exploit world class product engineering opportunities embracing design and engineering innovation
- Ability to take the product internationally and into Europe so experience of setting up and utilising distribution channels would be an advantage
Key skills and experience required will include:
- Extensive sales management with proven experience in managing, leading and restructuring teams
- Experience of or a passion for the automotive industry
- Able to demonstrate a consultative selling style and effective negotiation skills
- Proven experience of delivering growth of a similar magnitude
- The primary driver of change and willing to make considered transformational changes to the end to end sales process
- Experience of pipeline management, forecasting and contract management
- Demonstrate a high level of analytical ability and the use of existing data to build a strategic plan with a strong commercial focus
- Able to think logically and clearly to make decisions and use their own judgement having full autonomy to make changes
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Self-motivated with the ability to organise and prioritise their work
- An ability to handle pressure and be able to maintain a professional approach at all times, especially should conflict arise
- Flexible and willing to work appropriate additional hours and when required, in various locations to meet the needs of the business and the customer
- Experience of managing an external agency or third party would be an advantage
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent, advanced use of Excel to manage and analyse data and fully competent in the use of IT systems
- High level of professionalism
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with customers both externally and internally
- Adept at reading situations and reacting appropriately
- Ability to cope with an environment of change
- Passion to immerse themselves into the business
- Strong but considered management style
- Willing to be hands on and involved in the day to day running of the team
- A logical and commercially minded approach to problem solving.
Apply for Head of Sales and Marketing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly