Lead Legal Counsel
6 days left
Social Media and Internet Law Legal Counsel.
Our client is a leading regional and established legal firm with a superb reputation. They are specialists in Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Employment, Property, Corporate, Rural, Agricultural & Renewables. As a practice they pride themselves on attention to detail & keeping solutions simple. They are sensitive to the commercial landscape, respect loyalty to their customers, but see the bigger picture. They bring customers big and small alike all the advantages of a firm who have been recognised and respected in the area for generations.
While established they are forward looking firm and the senior partners wish to offer a stimulating environment where good ideas are prized and rewarded. Which is how this role has arisen.
You will join the new Social Media and Internet Law Legal team, within the legal practice whose principal function is to provide comprehensive commercial legal advice to the private individuals and wider business, ensuring the delivery of efficient, effective and commercially minded legal solutions surrounding all things social media.
Because this is a new department it will allow you to stand out and advise on strategic matters from the outset. You will lead and work alongside an experienced and motivated team, and have a direct reporting line to the senior partners.
You are a qualified lawyer with commercial experience at a medium to large legal firm since you qualified. You are ready though to join a niche specialist practise where you can stand out and build up the department to be a national leader. You have a passion to stand up for the small person against big companies and cyber bad guys! You clearly need to be interested in tech as you will need to be technically savvy in the area to be able to litigate effectively.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post qualification experience as a solicitor in England & Wales including significant commercial legal experience especially in litigation
- Direct experience in class actions image trade secrets/intellectual property protection, data privacy law and employment
- Ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation as required, with appropriate form and style
- Excellent academics, to include a minimum 2.1 degree or equivalent
Why should you apply?
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Build a department from scratch
- Great location to offer superb work/life balance with benefits package including comprehensive healthcare and life assurance, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, cycle scheme, gym subsidy, monthly company events and many more!
- Good remuneration plus annual discretionary bonus
Job title: Social Media and Internet Law Legal Counsel.
Location: South West of England, Commutable from Plymouth, Exeter, Truro.
Salary: Good remuneration plus annual discretionary bonus.
Start Date: Client will wait for the right person.
Duration: Permanent full time role
If you are interested in the opportunity to be responsible for setting up a new division in a fast evolving sector then this is definitely one for you!
To have an initial conversation, to learn more about this role and see why you might be interested to apply and please call Simon on 01566 776 888.
Apply for Lead Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly