Our client is a UK plc and a supplier of premium building and precision engineering products. The majority of the group’s business is in the area of sustainable building products, which enable customers to manage energy and water use in the built environment.
All Group businesses have strong UK market positions within their individual market niches and several are market leaders. The business sustains this strong strategic positioning by offering customers quality products, service and trust.
For certain brands, our client is seeking to leverage UK successes in international markets, with particular focus in North America and parts of the Middle East and Far East. The business fosters an entrepreneurial, achievement orientated culture whereby businesses are encouraged to innovate and respond quickly to local market needs within a cohesive group strategic and management framework.
Group businesses benefit from the plc's financial strength and access to capital.
The Group’s central strategy is to develop a market-leading position in the supply of products and solutions for managing water and energy in buildings. This marketplace embraces both new-build and refurbishment activities and presents some specific opportunities outside Alumasc’s UK base.
In addition to the continuing drive for organic growth, acquisitions will be considered where they complement this focused development.
Finance Director – The Role
Reporting to the local Managing Director, with a dotted line responsibility to the Group Finance Director, this role will have financial responsibility for a Division of the Group's water management solutions business.
This division of the business is based in Essex and is of a reasonable size with a credible growth/expansion strategy. The division will employ c.100 employees and generate revenues of c£20m within the next 12 months.
This role will be required to recruit and lead a team to service the division as it expands significantly.
- To partner the Managing Director in providing financial leadership and advice to help drive, implement and deliver on strategic objectives, business plans and budgets
- Deliver robust budgets, forecasts & monthly results with meaningful and insightful commentary on commercial and cost drivers to ensure appropriate accountability of budget holders and to drive the business forwards
- Provide financial insight, quality analysis and commercial recommendations to support informed decision making
- Build robust non-financial KPIs for use in the business and reporting in monthly board packs around commercial and operational aspects of the business
- Become a key stakeholder and project team member responsible for ongoing improvements and integrations of Microsoft Dynamics ERP system and implementation of an associated Microsoft Dynamics CRM implementation across the division in the next 12 months
- Ensure that costs within the business are justified, well managed and controlled and that a zero-based bottom-up budgeting process is in place across the businesses, working with the management and purchasing teams. Lead on ensuring there is budgetary cost discipline across the division.
- Drive continual improvements in costing to enable the business to better understand its true manufacturing costs and enable it to target efficiency savings and operational improvements
- Provide overall leadership for financial reporting, business information, IT, treasury management, and property management, working with and supported by local resources and the group’s specialist resources in these areas
- Be the champion of group policies, business risk management and internal control for the division within the group’s Combined Code obligations, including ensuring that the local delegated authority matrix is up to date, relevant and well understood by managers across the division
- Implementing working capital initiatives to continually improve profit conversion into cash
- Providing training, counsel and support to the management and finance teams on legislative and corporate policies and practices
- Provide leadership, coaching and development for the local finance team
- Keep the Group Finance Director abreast of key developments and seek timely input and buy-in as appropriate
Key Requirements for the Role:
Current FD's or Finance Controllers will be considered.
- Proven experience within manufacturing organisations (experience with production costings essential), a hands-on doer who is comfortable with a “sleeves rolled up” approach
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations, and able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy
- Ability to set direction and standards but to do this in a collaborative way in a team environment
- Experience of operating at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- A passion for continuous improvement and a strong sense of accountability
- Highly analytical, technically proficient and a confident financial management leader
- Qualified Accountant
Our client is a successful and well respected business enjoying an exciting period of transformation and growth. The business is part of a dynamic, well established PLC and enjoys all the benefits that this provides.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success and its growth internationally. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy good levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will help lead the business and with the support of the senior management team, be responsible for the financial success of the business, making a significant contribution to the performance of the Group.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly