Finance Lead - HR Transformation
Partner Financial are currently searching for an Interim Finance Lead to support the development of a Global HR Shared Service function within a World-leading organisation. The organisation is currently going through a major transformation of their support functions through a combination of systems, processes and people.
The next phase of the transformation will focus on the creation of a world class HR operating model for the Group and a likely move to a shared service model to streamline transactional activities. The role will work closely with the Global HR Director to develop a robust business case to support the future operating model. We are ideally seeking candidates with experience of establishing global functional shared services along with the demonstrable ability to work through the associated challenges of a complex global transformation programme.
- Partnering with the Global HR Director and her team to support the future direction of the Programme to identify financial and commercial risks
- Creation and promotion of a robust business case to support the next phase of the transformation programme
- Construction and presentation of monthly budget/forecasts by Project and cost centres for current and future years, including controls around Intangible asset accounting
- Strengthen governance and Risks Management with effective reporting and monitoring
- Providing financial insight to enable informed decision making by the Programme Director on the programmes operations
- Own, review and continue to update the business case at key intervals of the programme
- This should include detailed reviews of actual spend as well as forecast costs to complete
- Financial modelling of new scenarios and new investment decisions (data gathering and cost and benefit analysis)
- Implement and Improvement project financial processes, controls and financial governance framework to enable effective financial management of all project expenditure incurred within central programme as well as within markets
- Construction of detailed monthly budget/forecasts by line item, liaising with project and cost centre work stream leads, for current and future years
- Analysis of actual cost of work performed and estimates of cost to complete, looking at future cost trends and revision of forecasts
- Completion of month end and subsequent delivery of high quality monthly management accounts and reporting, including headcount reporting, variance analysis and appropriate commentary
- Commercial management of project contracts ensuring adherence to terms, compliance on key financial clauses and negotiation of new contract spend
- Work with third party service providers to ensure timesheets and costs are correctly recorded, invoiced and reconciled
- Creation and management of equitable cost recharging methodologies for the Programme and subsequent recharge allocations, including liaison with Group Tax and Group reporting
The ideal candidate:
- A fully qualified accountant with demonstrable post qualified experience in a large international company driving the transformation and system implementation agenda.
- Previous experience of establishing a global shared service function is strongly preferred
- This is very ‘hands on’ role and recent exposure operating in an all-encompassing, Finance Business Partner role without the support of a large team is essential.
- Experience of working in a Global, Matrix style organisation is essential
- Strong and recent experience of Financial modelling / Project Accounting is essential
- Experience of developing and delivering against investment business cases
- Ability to work with transactional detail all the way up to Board level reports
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships, whilst driving the agenda with reasonable financial challenge
- Strong Cost control experience and ability to drive accountability
- Management reporting / Budgeting / forecasting experience
- Organised, able to prioritise and meet tight deadlines with a strong ability to self-manage
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Working understanding of accounting under IAS 38 Intangible Assets is desirable
- Experience of Power BI an advantage
Interested candidates should send their CV to Neil French, who will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within 48 hours of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.