In 2017 UK investment firm Kingsley Capital Partners (“KCP”) launched Oxford Cannabinoid Technologies (“OCT”). OCT is a biopharmaceutical company established to combine cannabinoid medicine with world class scientific research. Over time OCT will look to develop research into cutting edge medical therapies. For more information on the company, please visit www.oxcantech.com.
To further strengthen the team, OCT is looking to appoint a General Counsel with the ability and ambition to contribute to all aspects of this dynamic business.
- Acting as the in-house counsel to the Company, with ultimate responsibility for all legal aspects of the business, including Human Resources, Transactions and Compliance;
- Working alongside the OCT Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Scientific Officer of the business, reporting to the Company Chairman (and Partner at KCP), and ensuring that OCT’s legal position is consistent with the strategy of the Company;
- Ensuring that OCT’s research activities remains fully compliant with regards to federally legal government licensing, including management of any new license applications or renewing of current licenses (in conjunction with 3rd party legal advisors), where appropriate;
- Management and leadership of the OCT Compliance Committee, to ensure OCT’s research remains fully licensed on an ongoing basis. Production of a compliance report that will be circulated both to the committee and also to the company’s shareholders;
- Management of any corporate transaction processes and materials, in conjunction with third party legal advisors;
- Management of all legal administrative documentation (e.g. NDAs, employment agreements etc).
OCT is looking for a talented individual looking capable of meeting the job description above. Individuals should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2.1 degree from top tier university;
- Full legal qualifications;
- Background working at top-tier legal firm;
- Willingness to move to or previous experience in an “in-house” role;
- Willingness to work in start-up environment.
Exposure to pharmaceuticals, biotechnology or life sciences in general would be an advantage.
OCT is in a unique position to offer a career development opportunity including the following:
- Compensation: £90,000 per annum + full benefits;
- Equity Upside: Company options;
- Involvement with medicinal cannabinoids, an exciting area of science and commerce;
- OCT is a well-funded start-up so the journey will be a dynamic and exciting one;
- This is a senior position so while providing leadership on those areas detailed above, you will be expected to contribute to the strategic management of the business as a whole.
If you have the experience required and the ambition and energy to thrive in a high-profile start-up please send a CV and covering letter to our retained consultant Peter Tucker by clicking on Apply.