Interim Trade Remedies Authority Adviser
We are looking to hire a UK based or International consultant to create technical processes and guidelines for certain aspects of the UK’s trade remedies framework, for use in the UK’s new Trade Remedies Authority (TRA). The TRA is a new independent non-departmental public body that is being set up by the Department for International Trade to protect UK industry from unfair trade practices after the UK leaves the European Union.
The processes that the consultant designs will be used by TRA staff when conducting analysis in investigations and reviews. These products will reflect the requirements of UK legislation and the relevant WTO Agreements, as well as international best practice and practical considerations. We would expect that relevant assessment/calculation templates will also be provided where applicable.
The high-level deliverables are as follows:
- Subsidy calculation processes and templates
- Injury calculations processes and templates
- Guidelines for the assessment of whether measures should be continued (expiry review)
- Verification visit guidelines and analysis processes
- Feedback on draft UK producer, importer and exporter anti-dumping and subsidy questionnaire templates to ensure that questionnaires align with the developed processes (the questionnaires will be provided to the supplier by DIT)
Relevant candidates will have several years’ experience working for a trade remedies investigating authority and will have experience in:
- Dumping and/or subsidy calculations
- Injury calculations
- Planning for and conducting verification visits
Experience in creating & preparing training material or delivering learning & development would also be beneficial.
2 month project
Flexible working if required - candidates can be based outside the UK.