Senior Vice President of Technical Product Management
The Senior Vice President of Technical Product Management will serve as a critical member of the global executive team.
We are constantly growing and acquiring new companies and products. This creates growth opportunities typically only seen in the most explosive startups, but in a profitable company with over 4,000 team members worldwide.
You own the highest level of product direction and definition. You own the definition of the differentiated features that are valuable and unique. You hold the identification of opportunities to use critical enabling technologies. And you own the creativity and ideation to come up with the best killer product features.
You will make important technical decisions on architecture, coach your team on how to deliver simple technical specifications which meet the business needs and coach your team towards continuous improvement. You will hire, coach and manage 5-15 Vice Presidents of Technical Product Management each responsible for a critical product line.
Our Technical Product Management roles are much more technical than what most companies call “Product Management” so traditional “product management” experience is not a requirement.
- Create simple and clear architecture specs
- Hire, manage and coach Vice Presidents of Technical Product Management
- Create, standardize and drive an ideation process producing market defining, technology fueled, differentiated products delivering measurable customer value
- Ability to build “expert level” knowledge in a technical domain area
- Set and maintain the quality bar for product specifications favoring simplicity and clarity and removing distractions, over-architecture, and bad design decisions
- Synthesize inputs, communicate strategic direction, and validate assumptions with internal and external stakeholders
- Establish feasibility with Engineering teams early in the process to avoid delays and last minute scope change
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is absolutely mandatory, (M.Sc. or PhD preferred)
- Extensive hands-on production code development and architecture design in Java or C# on a commercial software product or end-user software supporting a service offering
- Significant recent hands-on experience defining and owning the tactical and strategic technical definition and design of software products for an engineering team to code and test
- Extensive experience communicating requirements in writing and using diagrams (such as architecture diagrams, data flows, and system component diagrams)
- NPI experience with startups or new/1.0 products within larger companies
- Experience with the software development tools/platform space is a nice-to-have along with product management of products used by Fortune 500 sized companies