Director of Operations
Founded in 1946, 9 Gough Square is an outstanding common law set of barristers' Chambers. We are at the forefront of change in the legal profession, providing modern, professional and approachable legal services to a wide range of clients throughout the country and abroad. Our clients include national and local firms of solicitors, companies, individuals, the Crown Prosecution Service, the Serious Fraud Office, Government departments, police forces and Local Authorities. 9 Gough Square is a band 1 set for personal injury in chambers & partners with 5 silks and 11 juniors ranked.
Our Operations Director, John Irving is coming to the end of his contract, and we are looking for another sharp, strategic, commercial and hands-on communicator for this role.
The role is complex and key areas of responsibility are to :
- Support the Head of Chambers to run Chambers. This is achieved by supporting the preparation of the annual business plan, and providing financial and business information to uphold the effective running of Chambers.
- Prepare the budget for sign-off, monitor and report each month to the management committee all financial matters, including cash flow, fees and rent collection.
- Provide the highest quality of operations, IT and services to barristers and clients.
- Work under the Director of Clerking and Business Development (DCBD) to promote Chambers business, develop marketing and implement marketing strategies.
- Be responsible for staff and human resources – including payroll, budgets, expenses, IT, Data Protection/GDPR and handling complaints procedures.
- Manage contracts and external suppliers to deliver best value.
- Be responsible for all policy and procedures and their implementation within Chambers.
Chambers is moving to new premises in 2019 and the Director of Operations will be the key project manager for ensuring that this is a success.
- Consistent achievement at Operations Director level or substantial senior management experience in an organisation of comparable complexity.
- Acute financial and commercial awareness, with strong analytical skills and excellent Excel skills.
- Experience of facilities management and strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage relationships at all levels.
- Outstanding team player with a drive for excellence, quality and client service.
Please apply to Sarah Thewlis by clicking "Apply" quoting reference P0605 following the full application instructions in the Candidate Brief by 5pm, Thursday 26th July 2018. For further information, please visit www.thewlisgraham.com. For a confidential discussion contact Sarah Thewlis on+44 (0)20 7850 4781.