P3, Legal Officer (Contracts), Office of the RSG, UNJSPF/IMD
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Secretary-General is responsible for the investment of the assets of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF) in accordance with the UNJSPF's Regulations, Rules and Pension Adjustment System. The Secretary-General has delegated this responsibility to the Representative of the Secretary-General for the investment of the assets of the UNJSPF (RSG). The RSG is, in turn, assisted in this function by the Investment Management Division (IMD) of the UNJSPF. IMD manages a $65 billion multi-asset, global investment portfolio, about 85% of which is actively managed in house. Asset classes under management comprise global equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, timber and commodities. IMD's staff are all based in New York, but come from over 30 countries. This position is located in the Office of RSG and reports to IMD's Legal Officer.
Within delegated authority, the Legal Officer (Contracts) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Handles a range of issues related to investments and contract management for the Investment Management Division, including the review and interpretation and application of IMD contracts and related documents, in consultation with IMD's Legal Officer
- Conducts and maintains an extensive inventory of all IMD agreements and creates a database of all rights and obligations created by such agreements which require further action and follow-up and prepares appropriate studies, comparative studies, briefs, reports and correspondence
- Undertakes basic or extensive review of all IMD agreements and related legal documentations, instruments, or other material; identifies important issues, similarities, and inconsistencies and proposes appropriate amendments
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of drafts of background papers, studies, reports required to brief IMD senior management on investment, contract management related issues and needs
- Prepares or assists IMD's Legal Officer in the preparation of a broad range of compliance documents relating to IMD's investments
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in law is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A Master's degree in law with a business law orientation is desirable.
- A Master's degree in business administration or finance is desirable.
- Significant progressively responsible experience in business law with a focus on investment matters, acquired at a law firm or at the legal department of a corporation, a government or another intergovernmental organization, is required.
- Experience with pension fund matters is desirable.
- Experience with contract management is desirable.
- Experience in working with the status and the privileges and immunities of international organizations is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
For this position, fluency in English is required; knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
Applicants are urged to carefully follow all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira.
Please click "Apply" to apply, using Job Opening Number: 96648.