Cyber Security Strategy Lead SOC, Threat Management, Incident Response
Lead Cyber Security SOC, Threat Management, Incident Response Subject Matter Expert required. One of the largest E-commerce companies in the world and the largest vertical B2C provider in the world. They are looking for the best technically focussed security leaders to join the organisation who can work in a strong team environment to shape the strategy and drive delivery to protect customers and partners from security threats.
As lead for defensive operations you will be responsible for developing critical aspects of the company's cyber security capabilities. The role will be specifically responsible for developing a threat informed strategy focussing on detection and response and take ownership of the delivery roadmap. You will be fully Embedded within the cyber security attack analysis and visibility teams working on execution and driving intraday decisions to ensure full end to end benefit realisation and ultimately bring the security capabilities of the company to the next level.
This is an SME role, no direct reports, but you will be Embedded in the SOC.
Be responsible for:
- Develop the operational and technical strategy for the Cyber Security teams focussing on detection and response at both process and technical level.
- Analyze key metrics (KPI, KRI) to measure performance
- Understand the full breadth of cyber security threats and associated TTP's and operationalizing these in large scale detection and hunting programs.
- Provide data and threat driven insights into improvement opportunities
- Manage trade-offs between tactical priorities and strategic fit
- Communicate with other teams and departments across the business to drive Security initiatives end-to-end and support business needs
- Develop security auto-regression testing to assure continuous assurance in operations
- Drive engineering teams to deliver impactful results
- 8+ years of senior experience in the field of Cyber Security management
- Be a thought leader who values excellence and is able to deliver on the foundational level and bring innovative and original thinking to the role
- Able to lead through influence and respect, and inspire and motivate people toward excellence
- Excellent knowledge of system and application level security
- Define and deliver process excellence across the detection and response level
- Experience in delivering Real Time big data processing infrastructure at scale
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions, assess and resolve problems effectively
- Strong business focus and the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly; highly organized and able to keep track of all moving parts across the domains of responsibility
- Excellent stakeholder management with the ability to develop consensus across diverse communities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a can do attitude toward problem solving. Successful experience in working with remote teams is a plus
- Wide knowledge of and experience with common industry frameworks and methodologies and practical experience on pragmatic operation in these areas eg NIST CSF; OWASP, SANS; OCSP; Red/Purple Team activities, threat modelling
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and enjoy new initiatives
- Collaborate and support colleagues across the organization, while still able to work independently
VISA's offered and fully supported, as would a relocation allowance and assistance. Package is negotiable, including stock options, joining bonus, initial accommodation provided, flights, etc.