COO - Transport & Logistics
6 days left
Our client is a a leading PE-backed UK transport and 3PL specialist, providing logistics and pallet delivery services for importers, exporters, retail, wholesale, engineering and manufacturing clients.
With a large fleet of trucks and trailers and sites across the M62, our client provides pallet distribution with outstanding transport planning and warehouse support.
The company is synonymous with professionalism and quality, providing integrated logistics solutions and enabling companies to access the UK, Ireland and European markets.
The business has grown 20% year on year for the past three years and currently employs around 250 people, has revenues of circa £30m and a healthy EBITDA ratio. It has over 300 clients, including a number of SMEs through to blue chip companies. It operates primarily in the UK, and subcontracts into Europe.
Our client has recently received private equity backing to help support its ambitious growth plans which include both organic and acquisitive growth. This will enable the business to become a stand alone national business by opening further depots in the Midlands and South.
Chief Operating Officer
Whilst there is a strong operations team in the business, a COO is sought to align the operations across the sites. This will be especially important through the growth of the business and integration of acquired sites. They will help to introduce robust systems and processes to the organisation, allowing historic and future acquisitions to be integrated. To be considered for this role, the candidate must understand best-in-practice logistics operations.
- To support the CEO and drive the transformation and growth of the business;
- Provide leadership and motivation across the business, ensuring that all executives work collectively for the greater good of the Group;
- Ensure products and projects are delivered on time and within budget;
- To take P&L responsibility for all sites;
- To deliver financial and operational KPIs at both sites;
- To lead the operations team and to work effectively with Sales, Finance and other support functions;
- To work with customers ensuring growth in revenue and service levels;
- To capture and then ensure compliance with the high standards across the business;
- Execute operational strategy;
- To lead the integration of acquisitions;
- To take P&L responsibility for acquisitions;
- To drive a consistent culture across a growing business.
The successful candidate will have a proven leadership track record in transformational and highly entrepreneurial businesses. They will be able to demonstrate the ability to work in all areas of a logistics business including operations, commercial, strategy and development. They will enjoy an environment which will be fluid, challenging and rewarding in equal measures.
The candidate must also be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong track record in P&L management in transport / logistics;
- High energy levels, resilient in a pressured environment, able to deal with pressure and a determined can-do attitude;
- Charismatic with ability to inspire customers and people in operations;
- Entrepreneurial, commercial and pragmatic;
- Good analytical skills, structured thinker, open-minded, creative;
- An ability to think clearly and decisively under pressure;
- Very strong leadership skills as you will be managing geographically disparate teams;
- Persuasive communicator and inclusive management style;
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstration of working with other functions across the business;
- Humble yet confident; assertive when necessary;
- A good history of multi-depot management over a reasonable geography;
- Willingness to travel around the UK as required;
- Clear potential to lead a business with a demonstrable understanding of finance.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious candidate whose career is in its ascendancy and can demonstrate significant recent success, to help lead a fast growing transport and logistics company through a PE investment cycle and beyond. Only candidates of the highest calibre will be considered.
Apply for COO - Transport & Logistics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly