A UK based financial services organisation is looking for a driven Project Planner to assist a team of Project Managers with the building, scheduling and structuring of their project plans, working within the central PMO on a range of operational transformation projects. This programme has been sponsored to help the organisation reach the next phase of growth.
The Hiring Manager describes this role as
"A business-critical position within the central change management team which suits somebody who is driven and excellent at controlling the planning of projects, ensuring integrity and appropriate linkage between project plans and that dependencies are identified, monitored and reported where necessary. This person needs to have the tenacity, organisation skills and structure to schedule projects in an accurate and timely way."
- Providing support to project managers to ensure facilitation of project/programme trend information
- Developing and updating the Project Plans, outlining risks, contingency plans, staffing and scheduling, alongside availability of resources
- Proactively tracking and escalating where delayed deliverables are impacting subsequent deliverables
- Compiling a critical path analysis, trend forecasts up 12 months ahead and support to detailed cost and schedule reviews
- Preparing and providing analysis of performance metrics. Assimilating complex information and communicate critical aspects in a clear manner
- Reviewing and challenging assumptions, issues and risks, tracking milestones
- Expert knowledge of project and programme planning, using Microsoft Project Server 2016/Project Online
- Expert Microsoft Office including Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent dependency management and critical path analysis across a number of complex and interconnected projects
- Demonstrable experience within operational transformation projects
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills
- Solid understanding of current project management methodologies/tools/techniques, including agile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
I have interviews slots arranged for week commencing 16/07/2018, as this role is to start as quickly as possible, so you must be available to interview in London during this time.
If you are interested in the role, please apply below. Unfortunately, we may not be able to respond to every unsuccessful applicant.