6 days left
Parkinson Lee Executive Search, part of the Elevation Recruitment Group, is acting as retained partner to a Global Steels Organisation in the appointment of a Commercial Director.
Operating across 30 Countries, with a group turnover in excess of $3.5 billion, our client specialises in the manufacture and distribution of steel and advanced engineering products.
Due to a number recent acquisitions, our client is now looking to appoint a Commercial Director for the Steel and Bar business unit. This business unit has a turnover of circa £400 million.
Reporting to the Managing Director - Steel and Bar, the Commercial Director will be key member of Senior Leadership team. This is a high-profile appointment and a real opportunity to shape the strategy and results of the Steel and Bar business unit. In addition to this, the Commercial Director will drive sales opportunities in both existing and new markets whilst building effective stakeholder relationships with the customer base.
Specifically, you will:
- Create an integrated Commercial organisation - presenting a single point of contact to the Customer and deliver exceptional customer service
- Identify emerging customer trends and market intelligence, working with the MD to exploit business opportunities by driving the development of new and existing accounts to maximise the sales pipeline
- Lead the development of relationships with business critical customers and suppliers, creating long term relationships
- Develop and deliver annual Plans/Forecasts
- Work alongside the MD to ensure the business strategy is communicated throughout the organisation
The successful candidate will be/have:
- A successful track record operating within a commercial capacity within a Steel Bar business
- Previously created an integrated Commercial organisation - single point of contact to the Customer
- Formulated and executed long term strategies to ensure profitable growth penetration into target markets
- Identified customer trends and market intelligence within a Steel business
- Proven experience as a Commercial Director
This is an outstanding career opportunity in which you will play a key role within our clients management team; contributing both strategically and operationally to ensure the continued growth of the business.
This role will be based in South Yorkshire.
If you are ready to take on a key, strategic leadership role in a premium brand organisation, then please get in contact with Vicki Banks at Parkinson Lee on 01709 303330 or email by clicking on Apply.
Apply for Commercial Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly