- Due to business growth, Halifax Estates now seek a qualified accountant.
- Working in a beautiful rural location.
About Our Client
Halifax Estates extend to over 20,000 acres spread across five estates in Yorkshire. The largest is Garrowby, the core of which has been owned by the Halifax family for over 200 years.
Over successive generations the Halifax family and their Agents have taken great care to ensure that the beauty and environmental value of their estates is conserved and enhanced, but commercial opportunities are taken leading to progressive business growth and a current turnover of £5m. There is a continuing appetite to diversify further, with several ventures being considered at the present time. In turn, the accounts function has grown and now seeks an experienced accountant to join their team.
Working alongside the Senior Estate Accountant your job role will involve (albeit not limited to) the following:
- Ownership of the allocated trusts and business function accounting
- Preparing accurate cash-flow forecasts
- Pro-actively involved in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Providing sound and timely costing advice for the ongoing maintenance of the Estate
- Providing financial support during the development of new business ideas
- Data processing - dealing with large volumes of data on behalf of the trusts
- Point of contact for external accountants
- Preparing VAT returns
- Year-end accounting
- Bank reconciliations
- Supervision of more junior members of the team.
- Payroll support
I.T. Systems: Landmark, Quickbooks, Excel, Absolute Accounts
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant or Qualified By Experience - (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/AAT)
- From either a commercial or practice background but preferably with an interest in the countryside, rural affairs, the environment and farming
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work in a timely and accurate manner
- Team-player and hands-on approach - understanding of working in a smaller office environment
- Strong Excel skills/familiar with various accounting packages
What's on Offer
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary, pension scheme and holiday allowance plus Bank Holidays.
- There is a standard 37.5 hour working week which you will be able to work flexibly around and mould the hours to suit your lifestyle.
- Beautiful and tranquil location in rural East Yorkshire, within easy reach of York.
Ref Code: MPFE13930528Z